1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting a header in?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Sway, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Sway

Sway Active Member

As you can see here at the top right this is the just logo, and i still havnt gotten to putting that in but i will not be doing that, i would like to remove that, and put a custom header in there centered instead but i don't know much about that, and i'm new to Xenforo, everything that was done on my previous board phpbb3 was all done by me using their tutorials ._. if anyone wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction, and possible giving me a tutorial to follow i would greatly appreciate it.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What about the header do you want to change? The logo on the left? The background?

3. Sway

Sway Active Member

I want to center the logo so i can put a full header on the top, not sure i have to change the width of the logo as well tho. :/

4. Jake Bunce

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Add this code:

Code:
    #logo
    {
    	float: none;
    	text-align: center;
    }

Sway and HenrikHansen like this.
  5. Sway

Sway Active Member

Thanks, that worked but now i have another problem... any chance you can figure out where that tab would be so i can remove it? [​IMG]

6. Jake Bunce

Removing the default "Forums" tab has extra consideration. Many pages are assigned to that tab and removing it will orphan those pages. That means no tab will be selected and the secondary navbar will be empty. You should leave it alone.

7. Sway

Sway Active Member

i found it in there, and messed with it for a bit, took a whole chunk of css out for the nav bar, and everything was gone but it looked tacky, i would like to find a way to at least shorten it a bit this is what i removed
    Code:
    .navTabs .navTab.selected .navLink
        {

/*margin-top: -2px;
            padding-top: 2px;*/

background: #695333 url('@imagePath/xenforo/tree.png') repeat-x top;
            color: @lightTextColor;
            font-weight: bold;
            margin-top: -32px;
            padding-top: 32px;
            /*position: relative;*/
            padding-bottom: 1px;
            /*z-index: 2;*/
        }
    after removing all of that, the tabs were all gone but it still looked kind of odd :p

8. Jake Bunce

Maybe this?

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Header and Navigation -> Header Tab Height

9. Sway

Sway Active Member

i should probably just move my header up, and stop messing with this nav before i break something lawl