XF 1.5 Put in SSL, image proxy now broken

Hizen

Hello,

I recently installed a SSL certificate on my server. Now my image proxy is not working.

Example:
VxH4oXL.png

Any advice? SELinux is already disabled on my server, as I read in another post.

According to Mike here: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...xy-no-longer-show-images.123358/#post-1114957
That error wouldn't be SSL related -- the specific error indicates that your server couldn't resolve the DNS for that (i.imgur.com). Check your server's DNS config.

It is DNS-related, but the fix is not explained.

Last edited:
In this case, you server is resolving blackout-ro.net to localhost. We don't allow this to be requested. It needs to resolve to an "external" IP. I suspect this might be related to /etc/hosts, though it could be based on your hostname.

That said, assuming you're on blackout-ro.net, that shouldn't be a proxied image anyway. If it is happening, you likely need to standardize on either with or without the "www" part of the URL.

In this case, you server is resolving blackout-ro.net to localhost. We don't allow this to be requested. It needs to resolve to an "external" IP. I suspect this might be related to /etc/hosts, though it could be based on your hostname.

That said, assuming you're on blackout-ro.net, that shouldn't be a proxied image anyway. If it is happening, you likely need to standardize on either with or without the "www" part of the URL.

Thanks for replying, Mike.

This is what my /etc/hosts file looks like:
Code:
127.0.0.1 blackout-ro.2006 blackout-ro.2006
127.0.0.1 blackout-ro.net blackout-ro.net
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost4.localdomain4 localhost4
162.243.129.112 blackout-ro.net
162.243.129.112 cp.blackout-ro.net
162.243.129.112 forum.blackout-ro.net
162.243.129.112 wiki.blackout-ro.net

And when trying to use an external image:
chrome_2017-02-10_14-21-03.webp

Hi again. Sorry to bother, it turns out it was caused by my host name being changed to blackout-ro.net
127.0.0.1 blackout-ro.net blackout-ro.net

One I changed it back, it was good.

Top Bottom