1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pulling information within $xenOptions

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by gldtn, Mar 14, 2012.

1. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

Hello guys, I'm try to set an option for my add-on where I can just specify several node_id's and if it matches the node id's it will return my phrase like so:

PHP:
    <xen:if is="in_array({$forum.node_id}, array({$xenOptions.gl_tav_node_id}))">
        {
    xen:phrase gl_tav_post_new_thread}
    <
    xen:else />
        {
    xen:phrase post_new_thread}
    </
    xen:if>
    What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What format is the "gl_tav_node_id" option stored as? If it's already an array then you can use this:

Code:
    <xen:if is="in_array({$forum.node_id}, {$xenOptions.gl_tav_node_id})">

Otherwise you can't use in_array.

3. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

It's stored as a text because all I wanted for now is to be able to enter the node ID as follow:

2, 10, 15 - Seems like if I store as an array I'll have to make some kind of php callback to find out which node the user add and allow them to select from a menu. Or is there a way around it?

I tried
    Code:
    <xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == {$xenOptions.gl_tav_node_id}">
    but all it does, just like the code I put above, it returns the first node only.

Any suggestions Jake?

Thanks for the response.

4. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

Jake, thanks once again for this.. I was able to make a selection menu to render the nodes and allow user to select it and use the corrected code above that you supplied.

Thank you very much for this!

5. ragtek

ragtek Guest

gldtn likes this.
  6. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

7. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

Hmm, I hate not knowing php, I tried doing a search on google, but I still wasn't able to figure it out. If some of the php gurus could give me a hand I'd appreciate it.

I've set four different options in which each defines the node id in array. Now I want it to find out if the node id is a certain type and if it is, return a certain phrase or a template.

Phrase code:
    PHP:
    <xen:if is="in_array({$forum.node_id}{$xenOptions.gars_articleType_nodeId})">
        {
    xen:phrase gars_articleType_post_new_thread}
    <
    xen:elseif is="in_array({$forum.node_id}{$xenOptions.gars_tutorialType_nodeId})" />
        {
    xen:phrase gars_tutorialType_post_new_thread}
    <
    xen:elseif is="in_array({$forum.node_id}{$xenOptions.gars_reviewType_nodeId})" />
        {
    xen:phrase gars_reviewType_post_new_thread}
    <
    xen:elseif is="in_array({$forum.node_id}{$xenOptions.gars_strainType_nodeId})" />
        {
    xen:phrase gars_strainType_post_new_thread}
    <
        {
    xen:phrase post_new_thread}
    </
    xen:if>
    Template code:
    PHP:
    <xen:if is="in_array({$forum.node_id}{$xenOptions.gars_strainType_nodeId})">
        <
    xen:include template="gars_strainType_thread_list" />
    <
    xen:elseif is="in_array({$forum.node_id}{$xenOptions.gars_articleType_nodeId})" />
        <
    xen:include template="gars_articleType_thread_list" />
    <
    If I only have one elseif like the template code, it returns fine without error, or if the array is the first option then everything is good.

It's telling me it's a Wrong datatype for second argument
    Code:
        in_array() [<a href='function.in-array'>function.in-array</a>]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/cogumelo/public_html/comunidade/internal_data/templates/S.9,L.1,forum_view.php, line 85
        in_array() [<a href='function.in-array'>function.in-array</a>]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/cogumelo/public_html/comunidade/internal_data/templates/S.9,L.1,forum_view.php, line 91
        in_array() [<a href='function.in-array'>function.in-array</a>]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/cogumelo/public_html/comunidade/internal_data/templates/S.9,L.1,forum_view.php, line 4439
        in_array() [<a href='function.in-array'>function.in-array</a>]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/cogumelo/public_html/comunidade/internal_data/templates/S.9,L.1,forum_view.php, line 4445