1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Publish new Topics to Facebook Fanpage

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Richey, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Richey

Richey Member

Hey guys,

I would like to publish new forum topics to my facebook fanpage.
    How would you do this (I already got a fan page + a facebook app).

Have a nice day! :)

2. Richey

Richey Member

Okay,

meanwhile I have set up a php scripts that's able to post stuff on my fanpage. So, 50% are done ;)
    Do you know the php file where new threads are being submitted? I would like to paste my "facbook-post-script" in there. Or maybe you know a better way to do this?

Greetz.

3. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

You can use services like dlvr to point rss feeds to the forum on a fb fan page. You have to insert the rss of all the forums or merge this with rssmix.

4. Richey

Richey Member

DerTobi75 likes this.
  5. DerTobi75

DerTobi75 Active Member

6. Richey

Richey Member

I would like to tell you, but it's a bit complicated. Everything is based on an own new database table and a php script which is called by index.php. So it's not very ressource friendly but it works fine. I'd like to do this "FaceBook Publishing" function by an addon, but I don't know how to realize this. Sorry.

7. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

So you did it the hard way.

8. ddmmh

ddmmh Well-Known Member

Markos likes this.
  9. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

10. ddmmh

ddmmh Well-Known Member

Create or edit your feed on twitterfeed.com then click on 'Continue to step 2' then you will see 'Availablke services' click the one you want, enter your details and then save it, thats it :)

11. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Yea I was trying to add a group lol I messed up got there in the end cheers tho

ddmmh likes this.
  12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I use the Social RSS app on Facebook to get my new forum topics to FB. .

13. glorify

glorify Well-Known Member

Do latest replies bump the topics and repost?

14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

They bump the topic to the top of the FB page.

15. glorify

glorify Well-Known Member

Thanks. Booo. I need a traditional rss feed with topic feed and no reply bump. This is a major xen pain in the arse.