Proximity - With Custom Homepage!

Proximity - With Custom Homepage! 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Mike Creuzer updated Proximity - With Custom Homepage! with a new update entry:

Huge Update

Hi all,

We'd like to apologize for the time it took to get this update out. Due to the nature of how we've done releases in the past, we got stuck in a backlog of UI.X bugs that we were not content with releasing. We wanted to wait until we got all the issues knocked out. So here we are. All bugs reported to us have been addressed!We did the very best we could to make this as stable a release as possible, but very important that you:
  • TEST ON A DEMO SITE FIRST BEFORE UPGRADING...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello Mike, Love the theme. I was able to get everything up and running on my forum pretty easily. I'm just baffled at how to customize the homepage widgets.

Examples:
Changing the title words in the header. "WITH THE FIRST STEP"
Customizing the second widget that says " WHO ARE WE?" and changing the picture with the footprints.
Customizing the sections with the 3 pictures with the words Discover,Share and Connect underneath.

How do we customize these things?

Thank you.

Hello Mike, Love the theme. I was able to get everything up and running on my forum pretty easily. I'm just baffled at how to customize the homepage widgets.

Examples:
Changing the title words in the header. "WITH THE FIRST STEP"
Customizing the second widget that says " WHO ARE WE?" and changing the picture with the footprints.
Customizing the sections with the 3 pictures with the words Discover,Share and Connect underneath.

How do we customize these things?

Thank you.

Well first off the footprints arnt there.. I cant edit the words.. and the widgets dont even appear in the layout with bd framework.

Well first off the footprints arnt there..

You'll need to enable the welcome block in Style Properties -> [UI.X] Welcome Block, as well as ensuring the necessary usergroups have permission to view it

I cant edit the words

You'll need to be a bit more specific, what words?

and the widgets dont even appear in the layout with bd framework.

If you can send me a PM with admin details I'll take a look into this for you

You'll need to enable the welcome block in Style Properties -> [UI.X] Welcome Block, as well as ensuring the necessary usergroups have permission to view it

You'll need to be a bit more specific, what words?

If you can send me a PM with admin details I'll take a look into this for you
I honestly dont want to use bd framework.. Its bugged

Could you guys point to some sites using this theme? I'm interesting in purchasing it for our conversion to xF, but I would like to see this particular theme (I'm looking to build a nice splashy home page for first time visitors) out in the open - being used, etc.

Thanks,
Sean

I started working on this over a year ago and gave up because I was as confused as I ever have been. Now that I want to try again as I really love the theme with the home page, I'm still confused.

My first question is, what do I need? Do I need the widget framework, or UI.X, or both?

I started working on this over a year ago and gave up because I was as confused as I ever have been. Now that I want to try again as I really love the theme with the home page, I'm still confused.

My first question is, what do I need? Do I need the widget framework, or UI.X, or both?
Hello @Diana, I suppose your meaning on how to set up the custom homepage on Proximity?

Top Bottom