Projects Manager - ThemesCorp.com [Deleted]

Allan

Allan submitted a new resource:

Projects Manager - ThemesCorp.com - This add-on allows you to create a project manager!

This add-on allows you to create a project manager!

You can create an unlimited number of projects, categories and tasks.
We add permissions when creating a category, in order to achieve such private projects.
You can edit, delete, edit status and priorities
More ...

Features:
  • Unlimited Projects
  • Unlimited Categories
  • Unlimited tasks
  • Unlimited Comments for tasks
  • Limit Latest projects (Sidebar block)
  • Comments per page...

Read more about this resource...

Is it possible to:
  • Attach file while creating project or in comments and...
  • Set permission for individuals for categories (I mean for each user. In addition to usergroups that now is available)
  • Invite users to a project (Imagine I create a project and invite another user to it to help me do it and we bothe be able to write comments and...)
Thanks

Is it possible to:
  • Attach file while creating project or in comments and...
  • Set permission for individuals for categories (I mean for each user. In addition to usergroups that now is available)
  • Invite users to a project (Imagine I create a project and invite another user to it to help me do it and we bothe be able to write comments and...)
Thanks
Not, but if you want to finance these features, we can add it :)

Allan submitted a new resource:

Projects Manager - ThemesCorp.com - This add-on allows you to create a project manager!

HA! Finally someone did it. Awesome. Will buy it... (y)

Important Suggestion: Be able to assign percentages per task each. Set percentage for Tasks individually. All Tasks completed add up to "100%" all the time. Completion of Tasks displayed per project in a percentage "progress bar"!

For example
Project XYZ has five Tasks:
1) First Group Meeting (10%)
2) Research (20%)
3) Design Phase (50%)
4) Presentation (10%)
5) Client approval (10%)

So, if the first three tasks are completed (Design phase has ended), the progress bar would display 80% completion...

Display it on the project home page so user who can see the projects (permission based) can see the progress in the overview (See picture below)Screenshot_6.webp .

first problem for me. When setting permissions for the admin group, and i click save, i get this

8b696fa2932d22789b3731c5d84f399e.png

16d24c78f054b5a72b901cf5d2383a07.png

did as it said, but the same issue arises.

Strange, after test on XenForo 1.5.2 and 1.5.3, no problem.

I don't think that this error is related to the add-on

@vanucci: That looks like the system logged you out in the meantime. I had the same error while editing templates, when I was not at the computer for more than a couple of minutes... You can only open a new tab in the browser, then in the new tab log out and in correctly. Then go to the browser tab with the error and refresh the page.

Awesome that there now is a project tools addon!

I'd like to suggest the following functions to be added:
  • Custom fields
  • Milestones
  • Search project on fields, status & type.
  • 'My issues' link
  • Issue types (bug/suggestions/task/etc)
  • 'Can you reproduce this issue' function
  • Attachments
  • Tags
  • Assign user
  • vb Project Tools importer
Basically the same setup as vb PT had.

Is there a demo?

I think @Allan thought of "tasks" as "milestones". Therefore my percentage suggestion above.

To have it broken down to the last atom, it would be correct if it would have

Projects
—Milestones
—Tasks
as hierarchy....

...and milestones add up to the percentage completed.

Suggestions:
  1. Incorporate the XF Tag System.
  2. Ability to reassign the project manager and/or "add" more than one project manager.
  3. Change permissions to edit projects to project managers instead of categories! Otherwise you would need to make an extra user group per category in worst case
  4. Sub-Catagories for the category system
  5. Ability to hide the Category descriptions and use Tooltip instead on the projects home page to show the description
  6. Make category and sub-category pages
  7. Implement the category description under the title on the category page.
  8. Remove the "edit" function on category click. It is irritating. Users expect to jump to the category instead. Make an "edit category" call-to-action button on the categories page and/or move the edit button to float right in the category title bar.
  9. Add "watch project" and "watch category" links.
  10. Implement "Project Search" into the XF search page.
  11. Implement a "Projects" Tab on the user profile page.
  12. Make "Project Count" number clickable (link to user's projects) in the mast sidebar info block to the left on the user profile page.

Bugs:
  1. Tooltip on project hover shows BB Code tags from the project description... would also be nice to have tooltips optional because with lengthy descriptions it looks awkward.
  2. "Edit" (Category/Project) should have "Cancel" buttons
  3. Sidebar "Latest Projects" block links produce "Page not found" errors.

Sorry for double posts but my mind forms things more clearly as I write...

1. Change permissions to edit projects to project managers instead of categories! Otherwise you would need to make an extra user group per category in worst case

Let me elaborate this a little more...
  • It would be great to have two classes of roles of project participants: 1) "Project Manager" and 2) "Project Team". So you could make the whole permission thing based on the project role instead of categories. While Managers can edit projects and add/remove team members, team members can only participate with their basic rights.
  • In the Sidebar on project view you can list the project participants, so others can see who is working on a project.
  • Still User Group Permissions should be in effect for Categories just for "Can see Category" and separately "Can Post Project".
  • Make Projects individually in privacy to chose "Public Project" or "Private Project".

Top Bottom