Project Bloodfang - New PC Build Log.

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
So for me, building a new PC is akin to when others buy a new car. It's never a light purchase, and its inteded to last a good few years. In fact, my current PC is based on (and still uses) first gen consumer SSD's, so is going on 5+ years now, yet still lets me run most modern games on high graphics :)

Anyway, now its time for a new build, so, as you WoW players will recall, rogue tier 2 armor, black and dark red, sexy! So that is the basis of this build, dark red and black.

armor_bloodfang.webp

Unfortunately, helper rabbit is no longer with us, so this will be the first extreme build without her i've done, since i'm now going to have to collect screwdrivers on my own, decided to give her a mention :).

DSCF2555.webp

Without further adue, onto the build!

Case Assembly

An extreme build needs an extreme case. Unfortunately, theres only one company who produce such cases, Case Labs. A few weeks back I took delivery of a rather... huge box...

20131113_134314.webp

So lets put it together!

Central divide with top and bottom chamber seperators

DSCN2547.JPG

Add the back plate on

DSCN2556.JPG

The top and bottom frames

DSCN2562.JPG

DSCN2564.JPG

Time to add the front...

DSCN2567.JPG

DSCN2569.JPG

Lets add some drive cages, and an IO panel

DSCN2580.JPG

Slot the motherboard tray and adjust the runners to make it nice and firm...

DSCN2581.JPG

Add the back panel.

DSCN2591.JPG

Time for some sides

DSCN2592.JPG

Sexy....

DSCN2597.JPG

Add some top and bottom chamber covers

DSCN2600.JPG

And finally the front cover...

DSCN2601.JPG

All done! For now...

DSCN2604.JPG

DSCN2605.JPG

DSCN2606.JPG

My Rogue's transmog is still Bloodfang. To this day it is still the best looking Rogue tier set

*stealths into Slav's house* /cast sap target= Slavik picks up case.. /cast vanish /cast sprint

I think Slav is trying to build the UK version of Swifty's Gaming House :D
We don't want that tool in the UK thanks. we have too many as it is...

*May actually just be glass crystals, just decorative, but when the sunlight hits them they fill the room up with rainbow colors all over the walls http://www.dezeen.com/2010/02/12/rainbow-church-by-tokujin-yoshioka/.
Thanks my Nanna used to have some and I never asked her what they was for.

Good man... Full size tower. You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) on what most people count as "full size".

Much like you, when I build a computer I want it to last years. At least 1/2 a decade before I even need to think about the system requirements on any software package.

Real nice! I've never heard of assembling your own case before (most of the fantasy builds I've specced out are budget, heh). I assume you're going to go with some red LEDs to match your character? Or just get components with red accents (or add them yourself)?

I've never been a fan of LEDs personally, but part of that may just be because my computer is in my bedroom.

So Clive, the local DPD driver came this morning with 3 boxes from OcUK!

DSCN2641.JPG

Oh, shiney

DSCN2651.JPG

Mayhems coolants to mix up about 2 litres of blood red pastel :)

DSCN2653.JPG

CPU and EK Supremacy waterblock

DSCN2660.JPG

All laid out

DSCN2663.JPG

Closeups of the block, excellent craftmanship.

DSCN2672.JPG

DSCN2674.JPG

CPU closeup, looks like a good overclocker don't you think!

DSCN2677.JPG

One, sexy, sexy motherboard, with EK blocks installed.

DSCN2684.JPG

DSCN2697.JPG

So, was bored so decided to get the CPU and Mobo sorted.

DSCN2700.JPG

All laid out ready to go... it wont stay this tidy :)

DSCN2702.JPG

CPU in, even after doing this many many times, the horrible crushing sound when you tighten those clamps still makes me cringe!!

DSCN2704.JPG

Waterblock on, unfortunately I had to lift it off about halfway down, fortunately the spreading of the TIM was still relatively in the middle (it was waterblock weight only, no pressure had been applied) and mostly still globbed up, so hopefully there wont be any issues there, I may take it off and completely re-apply just to be sure.

DSCN2707.JPG

Nice and snug

DSCN2711.JPG

Lets get it settled onto the tray.

DSCN2714.JPG

So I also decided to mix up the coolant ready, sure it may be a few weeks away before it's needed, but no harm and it means I can get the color absolutely perfect :) This time around, not so right, I forgot to order some blue so just ended up with this pinky color! Bah!!!

DSCN2719.JPG

DSCN2720.JPG

Top Bottom