Profile Tabs, simple guid to add tabs?

rowedf

Hello,

I've used the search here and found a few threads on adding profile tabs, but I have to say I'm very new to Xenfor0 (last night) and I'm a little lost reading thru some of the solutions posted. Can someone help me with a simple "to do" list for adding a tab with custom profile fields I make in it?

I'd like to create a tab that is only viewable by certain membergroups so they can put personal information like phone number, addresses, etc that they might not want everyone to see.

That might be an easier option Brogan, I'm just learning the xenforo system so what "Preferences" really does, I don't know yet. So if you put a custom profile field in preferences you can also define which usergroups can see that info?

Then I don't think that would work since the user would want their phone number and personal information displayed so others can contact them .... they just wouldn't want every single registered user on the forum to see the data.

Just curious though, what's the point in having information listed that you can only see, don't you already know the information? lol

Then I don't think that would work since the user would want their phone number and personal information displayed so others can contact them .... they just wouldn't want every single registered user on the forum to see the data.

Just curious though, what's the point in having information listed that you can only see, don't you already know the information? lol
Those preferences can be used in mods to get information about the user that it wouldn't normally have. On my site I have a preference that determines whether part of a mod is shown or not. I use this for that on a user by user basis.

Top Bottom