Add-on Profile Completion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

I have been hired to make the following add-on and retain rights so will be releasing it and supporting it as a paid add-on (price will most likely be $29.95 AUD).

The screens will show what it does and the reason I am posting here is to ask what else you want added to it for profile completion.

pc4.webppc3.webppc2.webppc1.webp

What will be added:
- has edited personal details in some way
- has added an identity to contact details
- has set {insert an option from personal details here} (so gender, location etc... one for each)
- has made a post
- has made a status
- has set signature

Those are all the ones I have decided as writing this post.

There will also be options on where to show the progress bar (visitor sidebar or your own profile or neither). Weather to show the notice for what is left to do or not. Also one for what perecent to start out on just for registering, in my screenshots it starts at 8%.

Also, another part of this will be steps after registration. After registration they will be redirected to a bunch of steps for the things to do next. For example a page to upload avatar, then when you do that it would go to a page to set your signature and so on.

Nothing. But I can add it to the user criteria so you can make trophies for it, had never thought of that.

When it is complete it will say 100% complete and I was thinking to either show it for one page view or have a close link on it. Trophies is a good idea though, they might make it in as well instead of just criteria. Also if I add user criteria it would mean you would be able to set a user promotion for 100% etc, so when people complete it they get more permissions.

Enhanced conditions so they are a bit more advanced now. For example I just added one so that it detects if you have posted in a certain forum. Use case would be a welcome yourself forum that you have to make a thread in to pass the task.

Would anyone want the same thing but instead of creating a thread, have it making a post in a certain thread?

There are only certain other add-ons I will support with mine. That isn't one of them.

One license wouldn't be worth the cost of doing it sorry. I only support add-ons by certain people otherwise dev time goes through the roof.

I understand, I don't know how difficult it would be to integrate so I don't know how much time it would take you.

If you ever have the inclination to see if it's easy to implement that would be ace :)

Hmmm getting close to a release state. Not sure if I should release with missing features for feedback or not... may as well show some new screens though.

From what you guys have said here the only thing to go is user criteria. I won't add in trophies as they should be done by the admin to give a bit of uniqueness. But the criteria will be there. Which I was thinking of just adding one thing... "Has completed at least X% of their profile". Is that all that would be needed?

So to go before first release (which might be private) is criteria and options to show/hide certain parts.

The only extra bigish part to do is steps after registering where it will take you through pages of steps for certain tasks you select.

I think you should also include Facebook Integration, there would be a couple of things, like:
  • Associate/Connect with a Facebook account
And when Associated/connected, next step would be:
  • Invite your Facebook Friends
So it will send invites to User's FB friends, Invitation message would be something like this:
"Hi friend, I visited MyForum.com and Liked it very much, Join me at MyForum.com, bla bla". The message should be easily changeable by editing a phrase.

I think you should also include Facebook Integration, there would be a couple of things, like:
  • Associate/Connect with a Facebook account
And when Associated/connected, next step would be:

• Invite your Facebook Friends
So it will send invites to User's FB friends, Invitation message would be something like this:

"Hi friend, I visited MyForum.com and Liked it very much, Join me at MyForum.com, bla bla". The message should be easily changeable by editing a phrase.
I have thought of something like that. But it kind of leaves people without a facebook account out?

I have thought of something like that. But it kind of leaves people without a facebook account out?
Maybe you are right, but usually every 2nd person has FB account, and this thing would be very helpful to increase the new registration through invites. It would also help users to invite their friends with just one or two clicks.

Of course it would be an admin decision, as for other options, if he would like to have this enabled or not by seeing the nature of their own site and users :)

Yeah. I was thinking of something along the lines of just having "invite x friends" and integrate that a few solutions. So maybe an invite system to work hand in hand with this. This has been designed so it is easy for other devs to add their own conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom