Profile Completion Steps [Paid] [Deleted]

Robbo

Robbo submitted a new resource:

Profile Completion Steps (version 1.0 Beta 1) - Easily guide your members through filling out their profile

This add-on is designed to get the most out of your members from the get go and direct them to wherever you deem important straight after registration. This is done with tasks you set for each member to complete to progress to 100% profile completion. Examples of possible tasks are profile fields (including custom fields) being filled out, creating a topic in a certain forum or posting a status.

Read more about this resource...

Just as a note because it isn't too clear at the moment and I have yet to write up some information (will be a while). Be sure to check the options and read the note under the setup option! Important!

I think the real money (more demand) for this is for getting existing users (not new users) to complete their profiles.
There would be more demand for that than for Just New recruits.
IMO.

2-png.31395

This is very useful, but ANYTIME you make new users do more, you get less new users.

Other situations: Admin decides to add a custom field (and wants everyone to fill it out) ..... this type of addon could help get people to do it !

Err no... you don't get less users from making them do more. You get rid of people who would never contribute anyway from the get go and you get filled out profiles done straight away from people who will contribute. Also it isn't "making" them do anything.

As for your suggestion. I have thought of something like that but it is out of the scope of this add-on. It would be a more custom mini notification thing, kind of like when facebook adds a new feature and explains it.

Actually, having Profile completion step can be a big help to new users as it familiarizes them with your community and how things work. At the same time the process becomes rewarding as each time they complete a step they see their progress increase.

In the interest of encouraging users though, some ideas;
  • Add an option to "skip" the steps for users who don't need it, simply adding a "close" button to the top right would suffice in my opinion and is in-line with other such features on sites like linkedin.
  • Add the ability to connect Trophies to completion steps and visually indicate that completing this step rewards that trophy
  • Make a step-by-step feature, where the user only sees one "step" at a time and has a visual cue that shows he is at step 1/5 for example (so as not to overwhelm them with a big list).
That said I honestly think this addon will only encourage new users, rather than scare them away.

I'll sign up to linkedin to see it.
Trophies are already possible, they are up to the admin.
There will be a step by step thing coming soon, all ajax run so no page reloads etc.

http://../account/personal-details

Click SAVE then getting this error;

HTML:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: in /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Merc/ProfileCompletion/ViewPublic/Account/ProfileCompleteChange.php on line 13

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Merc/ProfileCompletion/ViewPublic/Account/ProfileCompleteChange.php at line 13
  2. Merc_ProfileCompletion_ViewPublic_Account_ProfileCompleteChange->renderJson() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  3. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 88
  4. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  5. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/index.php at line 13

Robbo updated Profile Completion Steps with a new update entry:

Beta 1.0.1 Released

Profile Completion Steps 1.0 Beta 1.0.1 is the first maintenance release in the Beta 1 series. It contains one small bug fix. We recommend all customers upgrade to Beta 1.0.1 to benefit from the increased stability.

You can download the new update from the products section.

Installation and Upgrade Instructions

Full details for how to install and upgrade Profile Completion Steps can be found in the XenForo Manual.

Read the rest of this update entry...

http://../account/personal-details

Click SAVE then getting this error;

HTML:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: in /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Merc/ProfileCompletion/ViewPublic/Account/ProfileCompleteChange.php on line 13

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Merc/ProfileCompletion/ViewPublic/Account/ProfileCompleteChange.php at line 13
  2. Merc_ProfileCompletion_ViewPublic_Account_ProfileCompleteChange->renderJson() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  3. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 88
  4. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  5. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/index.php at line 13
See if the patch I just released fixes the issue.

Hi, even though the gender step is complete, the next step is coming as to fill the gender. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• ERROR.webp
    ERROR.webp
    103.9 KB · Views: 44
Also if you were changing things while they were doing stuff that issue could come up, if a task was deleted or something... could that be the case here?

I received double alerts "Your profile is now 100% complete, we look forward to your contribution to our community" (same a lert sent twice) when completed a profile.

I received double alerts "Your profile is now 100% complete, we look forward to your contribution to our community" (same a lert sent twice) when completed a profile.
Will look into it. This was reported but I thought it was fixed with a previous fix.

Hello! On your website price without discount ($10 off). Is this bug (today only 14 July, not 20)?
Like Naatan said, full price is $29.95.

Reactions: MrC
Top Bottom