1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Profile Comments Spacing

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Jeremy P, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

In profile post comments (and other things I'd imagine), you can enter a series of newlines followed by text to stretch out the comment. Some members are abusing this. Doesn't cause much harm I guess but it's annoying and can stretch the page quite a bit.

http://xenforo.com/community/profile-posts/590/ for an example.

It'd be nice if consecutive newlines in comments were stripped to prevent this.

Alien likes this.
  2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

I don't really think this is a bug.

Deleting that function will not make XenForo better. My opinion is "Not A Bug" :)

3. Panupat

Panupat Well-Known Member

I think so. I sometimes have members using that space intentionally to post funny stuff.

4. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

I certainly can foresee some situations where it would be useful, but I'm not sure how else to combat this, or whether there gain of 2+ consecutive newlines in comments outweighs the con. Not sure if much will come of this (in core anyways, I guess I could change the behavior with an addon), but figured it couldn't hurt to post anyways.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can do that in posts as well (notwithstanding the WYSIWYG editor issue that can prevent it), so that is fairly intentional. If you prevent it, they'll just space like this:
    See!

Vincent and Dean like this.