1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Long Press

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Matthew Hawley, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

This doesn't exactly relate to XenForo but it kind of does.

I want to integrate Long Press into the XenForo text editor.

You can see what it does here http://toki-woki.net/lab/long-press/. Just go into the editor and hold down "a" or another letter.

This is my editor template here:
    Code:
    <script src="js/longpress/js/jquery.mousewheel.js"></script>
    <script src="js/longpress/js/plugins.js"></script>
    <script src="js/longpress/js/jquery.longpress.js"></script>
    <script src="js/longpress/js/app.js"></script>

<xen:hook name="editor" params="{xen:array 'editorId={$editorId}'}">
    <div>
        <xen:if is="{$showWysiwyg}">
            <textarea name="{$formCtrlNameHtml}" id="{$editorId}_html" class="textCtrl MessageEditor BbCodeWysiwygEditor long-press {$editorOptions.extraClass}" style="display:none; {xen:if $height, 'height: {$height};'}" data-css-url="css.php?style={xen:urlencode $visitorStyle.style_id}&amp;css=editor_contents&amp;d={xen:urlencode $visitorStyle.last_modified_date}" data-dialog-url="index.php?editor/dialog&style={$visitorStyle.style_id}" {xen:if $editorOptions.autoSaveUrl, 'data-auto-save-url="{$editorOptions.autoSaveUrl}"'} {xen:if $editorOptions.json, 'data-options="{xen:escape {xen:helper json, $editorOptions.json}}"'}>{$messageHtml}</textarea>
            <noscript><textarea name="{$formCtrlName}" id="{$editorId}" class="textCtrl MessageEditor long-press {$editorOptions.extraClass}" style="{xen:if $height, 'height: {$height};'}">{$message}</textarea></noscript>

<xen:else />
            <textarea name="{$formCtrlName}" id="{$editorId}" class="textCtrl MessageEditor long-press {$editorOptions.extraClass}" style="{xen:if $height, 'height: {$height};'}">{$message}</textarea>
        </xen:if>
        <input type="hidden" name="_xfRelativeResolver" value="{$requestPaths.fullUri}" />

<xen:if is="{$showWysiwyg}">
            <xen:include template="editor_js_setup" />
        </xen:if>
    </div>
    </xen:hook>
    I added in long-press in the classes. I also noticed in inspect element that all classes get redactor_ added to the front of them. So I went into app.js and changed it from:
    Code:
    $(function(){
        $('.long-press').first().longPress();
    });
    To:
    Code:
    $(function(){
        $('.redactor_long-press').first().longPress();
    });
    Still can't get it to work. Am I editing the wrong template?

2. Vincent Gabriel

Vincent Gabriel Active Member

Just tried that here and it does the same as the demo link provided. see attached.

Screen Shot 2014-02-10 at 4.55.36 PM.png

Edit:

Ah you mean it adds that black selection of letters at the bottom.