1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with checkout

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Carlos, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

When I entered my info, it showed an error saying "No customer could be found with that email address."

What am I doing wrong?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Sorry, what error?

3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Some say clear your cache, I did that, and trying right now.

4. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

I got that at first, but then I tried again from the start and it worked.

5. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

You aren't a customer until you buy it. Your forum email/password won't work to order.

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Check the "existing customer" tab. Looks like it may be auto filling in data.

7. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I didn't have a problem, but I didn't use the 'existing customer' form, since it was my first purchase.

(Mike - I did have to clear the form of an autofill but I assumed that was Norton doing it.)

8. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

I'm really upset.
    I can't get a license as there is no way to pay other than PayPal, and I couldn't get through with my card. :mad:
    Why isn't there any other way to pay besides PayPal? :confused:
    I was expecting to put my hands on XF and start playing with, but that seems not gonna happen, yet. And it seems that I can't get any advantages of the discount of the first 24 hours sell. :(
    Really disappointed and upset. And it hurts seeing each of you have one or more licenses. :confused:

I'm jealous. :confused:

9. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I would look up the thread for you but I'm a little short on time right now - however, somewhere on here they explain that you don't need a Paypal account, it's just processed by Paypal.

UncoderMom likes this.
  10. Hannah_M

Hannah_M Active Member

Can't you use the card through paypal?

11. Darfuria

Darfuria Active Member

What happened when you tried to pay with your card? Paypal usually processes card payments for non-Paypal users just fine.

12. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Yes I know that, but I my card is not supported as it's not a credit card and I don't have one because it's almost impossible to have one in my country.

I couldn't do that. :(

13. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I went ahead and created a new account, AND bought 3 licenses! :)

YAY! Now I can sleep tonight!

14. OSS 117

OSS 117 Well-Known Member

Doesn't PayPal process debit cards, too?

15. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

I use a debit card with paypal

16. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

It seems that my card it's not supported by PayPaly although I almost use it for all of my online payments. I used to pay for my vB license and I use it to pay for my hosting and domain registrations, but it can't be used through PP.

17. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

For some reason my card didn't get accepted. :(

18. brendanc

brendanc Active Member

If people keep complaining about this, you can change the fieldnames (in the html) for "existing customer" to be something like ecustid and ecustpw so that their auto-fill programs don't recognize the fields.

Also, got my license :)

19. Hannah_M

Hannah_M Active Member

I'm pretty sure floris offered to do some transactions for people with a good moral well being for 10 bucks :D althought i wasn't sure if he was kidding or not. Might want to check with him.

20. OSS 117

OSS 117 Well-Known Member

Ahmed, what country is this?