1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MG 1.1 Problem Uploading Videos

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by willy2000, Jul 22, 2015.

1. willy2000

willy2000 Member

When I tried to upload a video bigger than 20 mb I got this error

ErrorException: fopen(): Filename cannot be empty - library/XenGallery/VideoInfo/Preparer.php:21

and the error code in admin area is:

Stack Trace
    #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'fopen(): Filena...', '/home/tvnewsit/...', 21, Array)
    #1 /home/tvnewsit/public_html/library/XenGallery/VideoInfo/Preparer.php(21): fopen('', 'rb')
    #2 /home/tvnewsit/public_html/library/XenGallery/Model/Media.php(2777): XenGallery_VideoInfo_Preparer->__construct('')
    #3 /home/tvnewsit/public_html/library/XenGallery/ControllerPublic/File.php(151): XenGallery_Model_Media->requiresTranscoding('')
    #4 /home/tvnewsit/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenGallery_ControllerPublic_File->actionDoUpload()
    #5 /home/tvnewsit/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #6 /home/tvnewsit/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #7 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(155) "http://tvcubana.tv/media/files/do-u...dia&upload_type=video_upload&key=video_upload"
    ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["hash"] => string(32) "edf6cdfded4c54f3521c88cf6c775300"
    ["content_type"] => string(16) "xengallery_media"
    ["upload_type"] => string(12) "video_upload"
    ["key"] => string(12) "video_upload"
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(6) {
    ["Filename"] => string(36) "Cuando El Amor No Alcanza Cap 19.mp4"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    ["_xfSessionId"] => string(32) "ba89d7d75468431d4845ef4cfbb0b1e4"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["content_data"] => array(1) {
    ["category_id"] => string(1) "3"
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    }
    }

Any idea on this?

Thanks

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

If this only happens on video files above a certain size, I do wonder if this could be hitting upload_max_filesize and post_max_size limits in PHP.

Could you check your php.ini file and let me know what those values are?

3. willy2000

willy2000 Member

First thanks for help me

Ok here is the info:

upload_max_filesize: 800000M
    post_max_size: 800m

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That upload_max_filesize may be too large and overflowing. You may want to set it to 800M.

5. willy2000

willy2000 Member

I change the size but same error, when I upload the video using ftp work fine

thanks

6. Chris D

There's a small change we have made in the next release, but it's unlikely to fix this exact problem.

We can't actually reproduce the exact issue. I'm going to start a Conversation with you and attach the updated file. You might want to upload that and try again.

At the very least I would hope that it might reveal to us a more clear cause for the error.

7. Chris D

I have been able to reproduce this issue now but only if the upload_max_filesize is too low. The updated file I sent you will display a different error and no longer log an exception. The error you will get is "The uploaded file is too large for the server to process."

A few things to check:
    • After making the changes, did you restart the web server?
    • Do you see the correct upload_max_filesize and post_max_size values if you go to yoursite/admin.php?tools/phpinfo
    • If not, are you certain you made the changes in the correct php.ini file? You can check on the above page the path to the configuration file being used under "Loaded Configuration File"

8. willy2000

willy2000 Member

Hello, ok I upload the file you sent me I and got same error, also I check php info. see the images

thanks

Screen Shot 07-23-15 at 11.28 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 07-23-15 at 11.27 AM.PNG

9. willy2000

willy2000 Member

If any Developer want to be hired to fix this error, let me know Just serious Developer please

Thanks

10. Chris D

Is the problem still happening in the latest 1.1 release? Release Candidate 1?

If you go to your Admin CP > Applications > Gallery Options > Video Options and then click Save Changes, do you get any errors about FFMPEG compatibility?

11. willy2000

willy2000 Member

Thanks for answer, ok now i discover all the problem was my router, the was cutting my conection, i install a new router and all problem gone

Chris D likes this.