[OzzModz] Private Threads

[OzzModz] Private Threads [Paid] 2.0.6

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Odd, I have only one additional query on my site. How many of your forums are for private threads?

Odd, I have only one additional query on my site. How many of your forums are for private threads?
All settings are set by default. All threads are public.
I have 60k threads on my board and ~100k messages.
When the plugin is disabled I have 170 queries inside forum_list view. Then enabled -> 238.

All settings are set by default. All threads are public.
I have 60k threads on my board and ~100k messages.
When the plugin is disabled I have 170 queries inside forum_list view. Then enabled -> 238.

Do you have Xon's "optimized queries" add-on? That might help you:

See here.

Ozzy,

Thank you for creating this plug-in. It was precisely what I needed. Perfect concept. I do one on one coaching, so being able to talk to someone privately without anyone else seeing (and maintaining a permanent record) is absolutely perfect. Bought your plugin a few min ago and I can't wait to try it out.

Much appreciated!!

Don’t know why it wouldn’t. Never seen an addon that successfully installed not show in the list.

A few questions: can this be set for only one forum, instead of a site wide option when making a new thread?

If a user posts the thread without making it private, does it default to the forums settings? (Ie guest or membership only)

If they mark it private it’s them only, correct? However, they can invite specific users to access the thread?

Can I allow a thread to be private, but only allow certain user groups to invite members to their thread?

Apoligies if Im misunderstanding how this works.

A few questions: can this be set for only one forum, instead of a site wide option when making a new thread?

If a user posts the thread without making it private, does it default to the forums settings? (Ie guest or membership only)

If they mark it private it’s them only, correct? However, they can invite specific users to access the thread?

Can I allow a thread to be private, but only allow certain user groups to invite members to their thread?

Apoligies if Im misunderstanding how this works.

I'll try to answer these tomorrow. Need to get some sleep.

How are reported posts handled in the report queue? Can moderators see the post contents within the report queue, and action the post? Or because moderators have no permission to view the thread, they can see or action any post reports for it either?

If a thread is not private, yes it defaults to whatever the forum settings/permissions are.

No, you have to add at least one other user to participate in the private thread.

No, the only permission for the addon is the ability to create private threads.

How are reported posts handled in the report queue? Can moderators see the post contents within the report queue, and action the post? Or because moderators have no permission to view the thread, they can see or action any post reports for it either?

They can see and action on the reported content only. they will not see the entire thread.

They can see and action on the reported content only. they will not see the entire thread.
Thanks, and for responses to @Live Free. Just purchased, might I be brash enough to suggest a feature? That all thread participants are, when added, also automatically set to 'Watch' the thread for alerts of new posts.

I just purchased the new Xenforo License. Version is 2.2.4. Will this addon work with the latest Xenforo version?

Top Bottom