[OzzModz] Private Threads

[OzzModz] Private Threads [Paid] 2.1.0 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($25.00)
I really like that addon. And i can imagine some more options.
For example i want to have a second type of private thread, but with showing the title and the first post for everyone.

If you have some more ideas, let me know, please.

Last edited:
Maybe there should be an option to limit the number of participants.
It seems that one singel thread grows like crazy now, while more and more people stop writing in the official area.

Is it possible to create public thread where only selected members can participate in discussion?

So all members can view and read the thread, but only selected members can write replies.

Actually it would just need an option "Make this thread visible to all users", everything else is already included?

Can this addon be used to disallow unregistered users from viewing specific threads but still show thread titles. Not completely hide threads but upon clicking on any of the private thread, visitor will get message "you have to login or register to view this thread". Is that possible with this add-on?

1. A minute ago i see 115 queries on my front page; after deinstalling this addon i have again 22!
2. It was not possible to deinstall the addon without error messages.

I've no idea idea about the queries, not seen that or have others reported it.

What were the errors?

@Ozzy47 So I had removed all obvious instances of is_admin if-checks originally so that private threads weren't automatically open to the 7-ish extra staff members who have partial admin permissions. But then I was trying to reuse said if statements to allow staff to make the thread private/public, and that was not a simple task, for some reason. I may have misread one of the sections of PrivateThread.php.

@Ozzy47 Any way to give us the option to allow moderators to access all private threads automatically the same way it automatically allows all administrators to see any/all private threads?

I also noticed you cannot add more users to a private thread after the thread is already created? It would be nice to be able to create a private thread and the original owner of the thread OR an administrator can add more people to the private thread.

Last edited:
@Ozzy47 Any way to give us the option to allow moderators to access all private threads automatically the same way it automatically allows all administrators to see any/all private threads?

I also noticed you cannot add more users to a private thread after the thread is already created? It would be nice to be able to create a private thread and the original owner of the thread OR an administrator can add more people to the private thread.

The former can be adjusted simply. The latter can be done by thread owner and if you have a change author function, it allows anyone to change the list.

Top Bottom