[OzzModz] Private Threads

[OzzModz] Private Threads [Paid] 2.1.0 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($25.00)
I wasn't "gushing," I was giving a positive review, which I now regret. After I submitted the review, I noticed that members were clicking "like" on ostensibly private posts that they shouldn't have been able to see. I'm not looking for a "free premium addon," much less one that isn't functional. I uninstalled this addon and have no plans to reinstall it, and the suggestion that I was looking for a freebie offends me. I was clearly willing to pay for it, but only if it worked.

I wasn't "gushing," I was giving a positive review, which I now regret. After I submitted the review, I noticed that members were clicking "like" on ostensibly private posts that they shouldn't have been able to see. I'm not looking for a "free premium addon," much less one that isn't functional. I uninstalled this addon and have no plans to reinstall it, and the suggestion that I was looking for a freebie offends me. I was clearly willing to pay for it, but only if it worked.

Did you confirm that your permissions and settings were actually set up in such a way that the thread should be private? (That usually helps.)

php8.0 incompatible?

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "snog_canview" on null internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s18/public/node_list_forum.php:255

I've rebuilt code cache ( php cmd.php xf:rebuild-master-data ) and disabled and re-enabled this add-on. With it disabled, the error doesn't appear.

Does this add-on allow one to make private threads accessible to a particular user group? (It appears not, but wanted to be sure one way or another). Thanks!

There's a big problem uninstalling this addon. Please help. Xenforo version v2.2.10 Patch 1
1674189588761.png'
Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Creating default object from empty value in src/addons/Snog/PrivateThreads/Setup.php at line 123
[LIST=1]
[*]XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/Snog/PrivateThreads/Setup.php at line 123
[*]Snog\PrivateThreads\Setup->uninstallStep1() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUninstallTrait.php at line 61
[*]Snog\PrivateThreads\Setup->uninstallStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUninstallTrait.php at line 28
[*]Snog\PrivateThreads\Setup->uninstall() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 657
[*]XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUninstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2353
[*]XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
[*]XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]

Code:
Server error log
[LIST]
[*]ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Creating default object from empty value
[*]src/addons/Snog/PrivateThreads/Setup.php:123
[/LIST]
[HEADING=2]Stack trace[/HEADING]
#0 src/addons/Snog/PrivateThreads/Setup.php(123): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Cre...', '/home/site.com/...', 123, Array)
#1 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUninstallTrait.php(61): Snog\PrivateThreads\Setup->uninstallStep1(Array)
#2 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUninstallTrait.php(28): Snog\PrivateThreads\Setup->uninstallStepRunner(1, Array)
#3 src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php(657): Snog\PrivateThreads\Setup->uninstall(Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUninstall(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:AddOn', 'Uninstall', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#10 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#11 {main}
[HEADING=2]Request state[/HEADING]
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(48) "/admin.php?add-ons/Snog-PrivateThreads/uninstall"
  ["referrer"] => string(68) "https://site.com/admin.php?add-ons/Snog-PrivateThreads/uninstall"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/Snog-PrivateThreads/uninstall"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["_xfProcessing"] => string(1) "1"
    ["continue"] => string(1) "1"
    ["confirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["params"] => string(2) "[]"
    ["count"] => string(1) "1"
    ["finished"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Last edited:
EDIT: Solved, issue was old version of addon, updating resolved my problem

We are having some trouble with the Private Thread addon and the latest version of XenForo : 2.2.12

The option within the more options menu, that should allow us to mark a thread as private, is no longer avaiable.

We have relied on this addon to assist in content moderation,
Please let me know what further detail will be useful in resolving the problem.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
We are having some trouble with the Private Thread addon and the latest version of XenForo : 2.2.12

It works fine for me on 2.2.12

private.webp

Does it work on your default style?

Or has the template modification maybe not been applied automatically? (thread_view - adds change public/private options)

template_mod_private.webp

Gemma, thank you for that suggestion.

What I am seeing looks a little different, so it might be that I am looking in the wrong place.

But, I checked the version again, and we are not on the latest version.

I'll try updating and see if that is what was needed.

1679471437480.webp
1679471356970.webp

By any chance would there be a way to expand this so that it can do two other things?
1. Exist as a button so that they click on the button and it opens a private thread to me?
2. A way to keep track of how many instances a person has to use the button? (Paid Private Threads)

I do private one-on-one coaching, so I'd like to use it as a way for a paid private thread: They buy a "ticket" and then can use the private thread to contact me with questions and I answer (until it's used up and I close the thread).
Know what I mean?

I have a workaround now which is I open a private thread when they buy a "ticket" and it's left open until they reply to it. It works and is functional, but it's not clean looking. Know what I mean?
Thanks!

I really hope this gets updated to 2.3 when it comes out (and 3.0 for that matter). Absolutely essential plugin. Love it!!

By any chance would there be a way to expand this so that it can do two other things?
1. Exist as a button so that they click on the button and it opens a private thread to me?
2. A way to keep track of how many instances a person has to use the button? (Paid Private Threads)

I do private one-on-one coaching, so I'd like to use it as a way for a paid private thread: They buy a "ticket" and then can use the private thread to contact me with questions and I answer (until it's used up and I close the thread).
Know what I mean?

I have a workaround now which is I open a private thread when they buy a "ticket" and it's left open until they reply to it. It works and is functional, but it's not clean looking. Know what I mean?
Thanks!

I really hope this gets updated to 2.3 when it comes out (and 3.0 for that matter). Absolutely essential plugin. Love it!!

If you wish to discuss funding these suggestions, please start a conversation with Painbaker and myself.

Top Bottom