[OzzModz] Private Threads

[OzzModz] Private Threads [Paid] 2.1.0 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Hi. I understand that moderators can not view private threads and that won't be added. I have a forum where admins and mods can see and respond to any thread, and members can see and respond to threads that they started (not threads that other members started). I want mods to start a thread in this forum, and invite one member to it, so that this one member and all of the mods and admins could participate in this thread. Is this possible?
No, this setting in the forum "members can see and respond to threads that they started (not threads that other members started)" would still prevent them from seeing the thread in that forum.

Snog, this add-on is displaying some strange behaviour. XF V2.1.0 PT V2.0.4

With the add-on activated, it now marks non-private forums as “private”, see screengrab.

These are not private forums, and strangely, PT vis not available for use in these forums.

1) There is a sub-forum (“The Back Room”) that is not viewable by the Unregistered / Unconfirmed user group. But PT is not available for use in this forum.

2) “The Whole Writer” is also not viewable by the Unregistered / Unconfirmed user group. But PT is not available for use in this forum, either.

When PT is disabled, neither of these forums appear as “Private”.

This is confusing a lot of our members.

Snog, this add-on is displaying some strange behaviour. XF V2.1.0 PT V2.0.4

With the add-on activated, it now marks non-private forums as “private”, see screengrab.

These are not private forums, and strangely, PT vis not available for use in these forums.

1) There is a sub-forum (“The Back Room”) that is not viewable by the Unregistered / Unconfirmed user group. But PT is not available for use in this forum.

2) “The Whole Writer” is also not viewable by the Unregistered / Unconfirmed user group. But PT is not available for use in this forum, either.

When PT is disabled, neither of these forums appear as “Private”.

This is confusing a lot of our members.

View attachment 194444
That was actually one of the display problems fixed in 2.0.4.

Could you please download the add-on again and re-upload the files to your server? Then go to admin->Add-ons and in the dropdown box for Private threads, click on "Rebuild". Let me know if there's still a problem after that.

Could you also check the settings for the add-on and be sure these are checked (or at least the first one)...

If the first one is not checked, that is when "Private" is shown if the last post in that forum is in a private thread. (could be a private thread was moved into those forums?)

That was actually one of the display problems fixed in 2.0.4.

Could you please download the add-on again and re-upload the files to your server? Then go to admin->Add-ons and in the dropdown box for Private threads, click on "Rebuild". Let me know if there's still a problem after that.

Thanks, Snog, will do as you suggest...

Hello, thanks for this addon.

I have the need for improvement: could an invited member log out of private thread? or is it hidden somewhere? I'm afraid the users will be added and the owner will not cancel their access. So I think it would be good for a user to leave the thread himself, whether or not the owner of the thread wishes.

thanks for your help.

Hello, thanks for this addon.

I have the need for improvement: could an invited member log out of private thread? or is it hidden somewhere? I'm afraid the users will be added and the owner will not cancel their access. So I think it would be good for a user to leave the thread himself, whether or not the owner of the thread wishes.

thanks for your help.
Only an admin or the thread starter can remove a user from a private thread.

While I don't anticipate adding a function to allow participants to leave a thread, I'll put it on the wish list for the add-on.

I have a question that I didn't see the answer to.

Lets say a user doesn't have permissions to view anything in "Forum C", however, he has now been granted permission to view only a single private thread in "Forum C" using this add-on. Will he now be able to see the thread?

Basically what I'm asking is, does the forum permissions override this add-on or does the add-on override the forum permissions?

I hope I asked this in a way that makes sense.

Lets say a user doesn't have permissions to view anything in "Forum C", however, he has now been granted permission to view only a single private thread in "Forum C" using this add-on. Will he now be able to see the thread?
No. In this case the user must be able to view "Forum C".

Due to the tragedy everyone in the world is facing, this product is reduced by 20%. The price is updated and there is no need for a coupon.

I am also asked in your site, How to showing participate If thread Participants more than 50 user? Does its showing some user then all other user showing in popup? Example, all like showing in post.

View attachment 176887
But I will consider your request.

@ozzy47 Please do you have any plan for this improvement update? Also can be add functionality, User fields box only open or show when marked/Checked the Box Make this a private thread?

ScreenShot00167.webp

Could you also check the settings for the add-on and be sure these are checked (or at least the first one)...

View attachment 194446

If the first one is not checked, that is when "Private" is shown if the last post in that forum is in a private thread. (could be a private thread was moved into those forums?)

Love the add-on, works perfectly as advertised. Including the warning about those two options being checked will cause a lot of queries if there are private threads in more than one forum. This is an issue for us.

Currently we have roughly 40 forums across the site. Each forum has a moderator thread so they can discuss their forum operation. Going back to vB days, we operated modthreads in an unapproved state to prevent members from seeing them. This has the accidental risk of public viewing if approved, which has only occurred a handful of times in 20 years. However, with XF, we cannot @people or get alerts, so this add-on looked promising as we could switch to more usable threads AND maintain privacy. You can see where I'm headed = 40 forums, each with 1-3 private threads, makes the forum unviewable for non-admin (too many queries, stalls out the server) when we toggle the first option (correct forum last thread display). We don't use the second checkbox, as there's too many posts/threads for anyone to notice 1-3 extra.

Following the advice in the add-on, we turned OFF the 'correct forum last thread display', and our forum view now responds for regular members. However, the forum list shows 'Private' rather than the last thread replied to. Always.

0qFVvkl.png

Even if a newer thread is bumped...that 'Private' is still displayed, giving the impression the forum is private :confused: I don't know how the add-on works, or why it will ALWAYS show 'private' even when the last replied to thread is not the private one. Is there a way to allow the last bumped thread to be displayed, whether it was private or not?

Alternatively, I'm looking for a way to change the forum display to simply stop after thread count and message count (not show 'private' or the last bumped thread). Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you.

Checking either of the above 2 options adds one database query for each forum where private threads are allowed. For that reason, it is not suggested to check either of those boxes if you have multiple forums where private threads are allowed.

Sounds like i can toogle forums on and off, but where? There is nothing to set up in side the forums.

Sounds like i can toogle forums on and off, but where? There is nothing to set up in side the forums.

You can toggle the entire add-on through the ACP > Add-Ons > Private Threads > Options. That effects the entire site.

Forum specific settings are found in the usergroup permissions for that node: ACP > Groups & permissions > Node Permissions > select a node > pick the usergroups you wish to have/have_not for that forum

XmLj69t.png

To my knowledge, there isn't a forum level setting, it's on-off for the site, then by usergroup for the nodes.

You can toggle the entire add-on through the ACP > Add-Ons > Private Threads > Options. That effects the entire site.

Forum specific settings are found in the usergroup permissions for that node: ACP > Groups & permissions > Node Permissions > select a node > pick the usergroups you wish to have/have_not for that forum

XmLj69t.png

To my knowledge, there isn't a forum level setting, it's on-off for the site, then by usergroup for the nodes.

You got it, thanks for the detailed explanation. 👍

Top Bottom