• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Printer Friendly

Printer Friendly [Paid] 1.0.1

No permission to buy ($5.00)
Because people still print stuff, right?

silence

silence submitted a new resource:

Printer Friendly - Because people still print stuff, right?

Printer Friendly v1.0.0
View your website in a printer-friendly format!

View attachment 66144
This addon allows you to view ANY page on your XenForo website in a printable-friendly format!

Features:
  • Toggle the printer format on any page.
  • 'Legacy' userbar toggable, fitting more content onto less space....
Read more about this resource...

gfc

Don't like where you put the 'printer-friendly' link, ot would break our design. But hard to thing where it could fit better...

silence

Other suggestion: use an printer icon? Or have it under "thread tools"
Yeah I figured people would want that due to the 'FontAwesome' craze going on at XenForo, so I defined the print button in it's own template (printer_friendly_breadcrumb) and you can change it there by following the instructions at 'FontAwesome' homepage :)

Puntocom

I mean to be able to generate and download a PDF file with all the information from the full thread (not separated in pages).

Deepmartini

This would be good to combine with a "font resizer" option. View larger. To increase the font size on the page for people who are visually impaired. Could go right next to the print icon.

Deepmartini

Wow awesome. Am also looking to put a "translate" button in that area too. And maybe a "audio" button for text to speech. So you would have: printer friendly / font size / translate / read aloud. Maybe use icons for each to save space. Now, I gotta find the translate and text-to-speech addons.

silence

Wow awesome. Am also looking to put a "translate" button in that area too. And maybe a "audio" button for text to speech. So you would have: printer friendly / font size / translate / read aloud. Maybe use icons for each to save space. Now, I gotta find the translate and text-to-speech addons.
I'm coding a new update for font sizing to make it apply to all text, but maybe I could take all these features and combine them into one addon called 'Accessibility Extension' or something?

Deepmartini

That would be very useful to have. I wrote a thread about text-to-speech here:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-for-blind-or-visually-impaired-people.68304/

For translation you could probably use google translate.

For older people and disabled people who depend on the Internet for a social outlet and support, these little features make a big difference. They are often the most loyal and active community members!

I'm coding a new update for font sizing to make it apply to all text, but maybe I could take all these features and combine them into one addon called 'Accessibility Extension' or something?

silence

Paul

hmmmmmmmm yeah I can do that in a future update :)
That would be awesome.... However...I only have one comment/criticism... To me "printer friendly" should remove the pagination and have every single post all in one long line.... if you wanted to print a thread at the moment with multiple pages, you still have to print multiple pages... as opposed to "print" and walk away...:D

Still purchased of course, since it's still cool :)

Many thanks
Paul