1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printer Friendly [Paid] 1.0.1

Because people still print stuff, right?

1. silence

silence Well-Known Member

silence submitted a new resource:

Printer Friendly - Because people still print stuff, right?

Read more about this resource...

Digital Doctor and gfc like this.
  2. silence

3. gfc

gfc Active Member

Don't like where you put the 'printer-friendly' link, ot would break our design. But hard to thing where it could fit better...

4. silence

You can always move it to the footer :)

5. Puntocom

Puntocom Well-Known Member

Very interesting! it would be nice to optionally generate double-side PDF including all pages of the thread.

Paul likes this.
  6. gfc

gfc Active Member

Other suggestion: use an printer icon? Or have it under "thread tools"

7. silence

Yeah I figured people would want that due to the 'FontAwesome' craze going on at XenForo, so I defined the print button in it's own template (printer_friendly_breadcrumb) and you can change it there by following the instructions at 'FontAwesome' homepage :)

8. silence

What do you mean?

9. Puntocom

Puntocom Well-Known Member

I mean to be able to generate and download a PDF file with all the information from the full thread (not separated in pages).

10. silence

hmmmmmmmm yeah I can do that in a future update :)

Paul and Puntocom like this.
  11. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

What happens if the thread is 100 pages and you only want to make pdf out of the current page?

Puntocom and silence like this.
  12. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

This would be good to combine with a "font resizer" option. View larger. To increase the font size on the page for people who are visually impaired. Could go right next to the print icon.

13. silence

14. Deepmartini

15. silence

Yep!

16. Deepmartini

Wow awesome. Am also looking to put a "translate" button in that area too. And maybe a "audio" button for text to speech. So you would have: printer friendly / font size / translate / read aloud. Maybe use icons for each to save space. Now, I gotta find the translate and text-to-speech addons.

17. silence

I'm coding a new update for font sizing to make it apply to all text, but maybe I could take all these features and combine them into one addon called 'Accessibility Extension' or something?

18. Deepmartini

That would be very useful to have. I wrote a thread about text-to-speech here:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-for-blind-or-visually-impaired-people.68304/

For translation you could probably use google translate.

For older people and disabled people who depend on the Internet for a social outlet and support, these little features make a big difference. They are often the most loyal and active community members!

19. silence

I'll look into it.

Deepmartini likes this.
  20. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

That would be awesome.... However...I only have one comment/criticism... To me "printer friendly" should remove the pagination and have every single post all in one long line.... if you wanted to print a thread at the moment with multiple pages, you still have to print multiple pages... as opposed to "print" and walk away...:D

Still purchased of course, since it's still cool :)

Many thanks
    Paul