Primary for Forums for XenForo 2.x [Deleted]

threadloom

threadloom submitted a new resource:

Primary for Forums - Helping forums monetize product discussions

Primary by Threadloom identifies products that your users are discussing and automatically creates monetizable assets for your site. Primary allows you to display the most discussed products in each node, insert featured products into your Threadloom Newsletter, and automatically creates SEO-friendly product lists. All of these assets are monetized through affiliate links. During our beta, forums saw affiliate revenue increase by as much as 162% without...

Read more about this resource...

Looks like pretty impressive technology, congrats on the release @threadloom team.

The www version of your site doesn't seem to work, maybe there's a broken redirect somewhere. Also, the image at the top of the Primary page on Threadloom is broken.

Are there any restrictions on editing the inline block you insert into posts? I understand and even like the direction you went but I'd like to make some changes of my own. For example, I'd rather the fake username and avatar be something I can change to my own, and I'd prefer to move (and re-word) the disclaimer text below the ad.

These are probably small template changes but any direction here would be helpful!

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 6.28.06 PM.webp

Looks like pretty impressive technology, congrats on the release @threadloom team.

Are there any restrictions on editing the inline block you insert into posts? I understand and even like the direction you went but I'd like to make some changes of my own. For example, I'd rather the fake username and avatar be something I can change to my own, and I'd prefer to move (and re-word) the disclaimer text below the ad.

These are probably small template changes but any direction here would be helpful!

View attachment 247775
We offer this as the default template - so you can change it to your liking. We have some partners that remove the entire postcode around it. Happy to discuss it further, and other implementation ideas.

Some quick updates:

1. We've been experimenting with the Primary Explorer UI. I've attached the old and new UIs. Probably more updates to come at some point as we continue testing stuff.

2. Plug-in now includes an option to load a hosted product page on your site, for any product click inside of Explorer, in order to keep more clicks on your site. XF1 version of the plug-in coming soon (hopefully next week).

3. We now load your affiliate IDs directly onto products. No rev share, so you keep 100% of affiliate revenue. The only thing we require in exchange is attribution. We currently support Amazon (all locales), eBay, Reverb, Skimlinks, Sovrn (Viglink), and Sweetwater. Let us know if you want us to add another program.

4. We no longer show full text of posts on Primary – snippets only.

5. We launched an experimental product search engine: https://blog.threadloom.com/2021/07/01/announcing-primary-search/. Results currently only include posts that have product links in them, but we're working to include posts without any links in them. It's designed for non-forum users, but at some point, if there's interest, we might add a version of this as a feature in Threadloom Search.

6. Also for non-forum users or casual forum visitors, we're working on a Chrome extension, powered by the search engine. Idea is if someone is shopping on a retail site, they can easily preview forum posts about that product, and get links directly to those discussions. Hope to share more soon.

Feel free to reply with any questions or comments. Thanks.

Paul

Top Bottom