Prefix Essentials featuring auto expiring prefixes and prefix filtering

Prefix Essentials featuring auto expiring prefixes and prefix filtering [Paid] 2.5.4

No permission to buy (£25.00)
The addon is excellent but After active it my site becomes very slow.

@Xon Is there a solution to this problem ?

Note: my forum contains more than 10 million posts.

How many threads does your forum have? Which query?

Are you observing increased CPU/disk usage from your database?

Have you tried disabling this add-on and re-testing? Have you tried disabling other add-ons?

thank you for reply

The Problem : When I select section or press any Prefix takes time 5~10 sec

How many threads does your forum have? Which query?
More than 2 million threads
Which query? if there is query

Are you observing increased CPU/disk usage from your database?
No
Have you tried disabling this add-on and re-testing?
Yes After disabling this add-on or uncheck :
  • Show Prefix group above the node list for filtering
  • Show Prefix group above the thread list for filtering
The forum browse becomes Fast

:)

Last edited:
one thing i noticed which seems missing however....
"Show Prefix group above the node list for filtering" works on main forum home page only, and not on individual forum category pages :(
so its main page, or thread lists....nothing in between.....
can you fix that please? it will be a much better tool then...i am not sure if it is a bug or why it isnt working for us
@Xon - Its my understanding that this is functioning as designed. However, I for one have lots of prefix (also using multi-prefix). Is there a way to have an option to make the applicable prefix for that node be a drop down similar to on forum home?

Also based on the note above there was some sort of performance issue. Do you know if that was resolved? :)

Hi

I've got a slight problem with the prefix essentials add on.
We have a staff only forum (with sub forums) that has prefixes that are used only in these staff forums. I have a group setup for ease called Admin Only.

1568242410571.webp

These prefixes can't be seen by members (because they are not set up to be used on the rest of the forum) but the prefix essentials addon is showing them to members on the homepage when the "Show Prefix group above the node list for filtering" is enabled.

members can see and should not be able to.webp

I'd really like to be able to show the member only prefixes to members on the home page (older generations on the whole) to aid their arrival into the 21st Centaury... some of my members are in the 80's so helping them as much as possible is preferable). But I've had to untick the show prefix group above node list for filtering because it is showing admin prefixes as well. OK when then select one, they get nothing, but I'd rather they didn't see them full stop.

Is it a bug or was it designed that way? Is there anything I can do to hide the Admin prefixes from the home page node list without scrapping all of the admin only prefixes fullstop?

I hope that all makes sense (this addon is new to us), its been a crazy few days finally upgrading from XF1.5 to XF2.1.3 and then to XF2.1.4 this morning!

thanks

Idea to think about:

To show 20 Categories with 500 Prefixes on the forum_list is maybe just the wrong place for some people.
a) let people choose if they want to see that (i will do it with custom user field, yes, no and then an if/then in the template)
b) make a new page for just these people who love it to use it, without the need for all to have it at forum home. (i will maybe try this with a callback from a xf page)

For business reasons, we are closing our store of Xenforo addons.
We will support them while active licenses exist, be we are not selling any new licenses or renewals.
Apologies for any inconvenience.

Shoot, I have been planning to buy this by the end of this month... this puts a damper on plans :(. Is there ANY way this could possibly be passed on to another dev or even just released for free? I understand not wanting to spend time working on addons anymore but if you release for free it could simply be considered unmaintained and people will have to fend for themselves if there's any issues. I know it's a big thing to suggest but your addons really are great! Heck I'd even pay for it knowing I'll be without future support...
@Stuart Wright

Shoot, I have been planning to buy this by the end of this month... this puts a damper on plans :(. Is there ANY way this could possibly be passed on to another dev or even just released for free? I understand not wanting to spend time working on addons anymore but if you release for free it could simply be considered unmaintained and people will have to fend for themselves if there's any issues. I know it's a big thing to suggest but your addons really are great! Heck I'd even pay for it knowing I'll be without future support...
@Stuart Wright

Unfortunately no, that is not going to happen.

Sorry, this and all the addons are going to remain in-house.

My suite of resources has now been restored after some consideration on how to handle their management while they were temporarily unavailable.
Reason for removal in November - I have no time to support them and do not want to sell licenses to competing or unethical forums .
Reason for restoration after having had some time to consider a better course of action - I want to support the Xenforo community.
For clarification, while I do not have the time to give support for installations and bug reports for this addon (because there are no known bugs and it's working perfectly on my forum AVForums), I will be updating it with maintenance releases (as and when they are needed) which current license holders will be able to download. So no personal support, but yes, maintenance releases.
Also I am vetting who I sell licenses to, so if you wish to purchase a license, please click the purchase link and then send me a message as per the instructions in the product description. Thank you :)

If I only want the thread prefix drop down above the forum list, would there be a need for this add on? Could the same thing be done with template edits?

Hi

I've got a slight problem with the prefix essentials add on.
We have a staff only forum (with sub forums) that has prefixes that are used only in these staff forums. I have a group setup for ease called Admin Only.

View attachment 210201

These prefixes can't be seen by members (because they are not set up to be used on the rest of the forum) but the prefix essentials addon is showing them to members on the homepage when the "Show Prefix group above the node list for filtering" is enabled.

View attachment 210200

I'd really like to be able to show the member only prefixes to members on the home page (older generations on the whole) to aid their arrival into the 21st Centaury... some of my members are in the 80's so helping them as much as possible is preferable). But I've had to untick the show prefix group above node list for filtering because it is showing admin prefixes as well. OK when then select one, they get nothing, but I'd rather they didn't see them full stop.

Is it a bug or was it designed that way? Is there anything I can do to hide the Admin prefixes from the home page node list without scrapping all of the admin only prefixes fullstop?

I hope that all makes sense (this addon is new to us), its been a crazy few days finally upgrading from XF1.5 to XF2.1.3 and then to XF2.1.4 this morning!

thanks
I do not know if this is related but i have some prefixes that are not assigned to any forums that show up in the ignored list. I only want used prefixes shown there. @Stuart Wright @Xon

I also think it would be att good idea to have some sort of way to see on the front end that you have prefixes ignored and/or could ignore/unignore them on the front end.

Top Bottom