Prefix Essentials featuring auto expiring prefixes and prefix filtering

Prefix Essentials featuring auto expiring prefixes and prefix filtering [Paid] 2.5.4

No permission to buy (£25.00)
@Stuart Wright
Seems to be a conflict with this addon and Themehouse's Topics addon. I couldn't get their widget to display on New Threads with this addon enabled. You can see more here:

Not implying it's on you to fix it, especially since your addon was released well before theirs, but just thought you might want to know.

@Stuart Wright
Using "Show Prefix group above nodes for filtering," I see this when I try to filter any prefixes:

LogicException: Unknown relation full accessed on xf_thread in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 651
  1. XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->join() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 593
  2. XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->with() in src/addons/AVForums/PrefixEssentials/Pub/Controller/PrefixEss.php at line 133
  3. AVForums\PrefixEssentials\Pub\Controller\PrefixEss->getThreadFinder() in src/addons/AVForums/PrefixEssentials/Pub/Controller/PrefixEss.php at line 42
  4. AVForums\PrefixEssentials\Pub\Controller\PrefixEss->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  5. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1934
  8. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 333
  9. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

Server Error Log:
  • LogicException: Unknown relation full accessed on xf_thread
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php:651
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(593): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->join('full', true, false, false)
#1 src/addons/AVForums/PrefixEssentials/Pub/Controller/PrefixEss.php(133): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->with('full')
#2 src/addons/AVForums/PrefixEssentials/Pub/Controller/PrefixEss.php(42): AVForums\PrefixEssentials\Pub\Controller\PrefixEss->getThreadFinder(Object(XF\Entity\ThreadPrefix), 1, '40', Array)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): AVForums\PrefixEssentials\Pub\Controller\PrefixEss->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('AVForums\\Prefix...', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(AVForums\PrefixEssentials\Pub\Controller\PrefixEss), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(1934): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(333): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(33) "/prefixess/sample-prefix.32/"
["referrer"] => string(29) "https://.../forums/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I've disabled every other addon I have and uninstalled and reinstalled this addon and still get the error. Using on XF v2.0.12. Any ideas? Thanks

@Stuart Wright
Okay, I installed v.2.0.2 of your addon and it worked fine, then upgraded again to 2.0.3 and got the errors again, so I'll just stick with 2.0.2 for now.

Maybe you can just tell me if any other file besides "PrefixEss.php" needs to be edited...?
Look for getThreadFinder, you want to edit the line $threadFinder->order('last_post_date','desc');

Something like $threadFinder->order('post_date','desc'); should work

Look for getThreadFinder, you want to edit the line $threadFinder->order('last_post_date','desc');

Something like $threadFinder->order('post_date','desc'); should work
Thanks, Xon, but unfortunately I already tried that and it didn't work - it still orders them by last reply. That's why I was thinking maybe I had to edit something else somewhere. Any other suggestions?

@Xon Can you please tell me if this is working as intended...?

Test forum with test threads and I apply 2 prefixes and you can click either and they filter as they are supposed to:

vhbGTq2.png

Then I go to the main Forums page and use Prefix Essentials to filter:
4g4a8Q6.png

If I click "Test Prefix 1" I get all three threads as results, as you would expect. However, if I choose "Test Prefix 2" from the menu, I get this:

SDyZwkI.png

No matter how many times I delete the prefixes or apply one before the other or rename one, whatever, only one of the prefixes will be filtered from that Forum menu. I can get around it, but it's a bit difficult to explain: it basically involves creating another, third prefix, with any random name, applying it to the threads first, then applying the other existing prefix, deleting the one that wouldn't show up and then renaming the new one I created to whatever the name was of the one I deleted. Confusing.

Last edited:
@imno007 This is an interaction of MultiPrefix and Prefix Essentials. Can you open a ticket on my site so I can look at it in the next ~2 week or so (next week is booked with RL stuff :( )

@imno007 This is an interaction of MultiPrefix and Prefix Essentials. Can you open a ticket on my site so I can look at it in the next ~2 week or so (next week is booked with RL stuff :( )
Done. Despite the bad spelling in the ticket title, I think you'll know which is from me. ;)

Thank you

Hello,

Do you intend to add support for multi-prefix on the prefix filter?

It requires that the filter are made togglable.
Example:
Toggle prefix 2:
?prefix_id=2​
Toggle prefix 1:
?prefix_id[0]=1&prefix_id[1]=2​
Toggle prefix 2:
?prefix_id=1​

Hello,

Do you intend to add support for multi-prefix on the prefix filter?

It requires that the filter are made togglable.
Example:
Toggle prefix 2:
?prefix_id=2​
Toggle prefix 1:
?prefix_id[0]=1&prefix_id[1]=2​
Toggle prefix 2:
?prefix_id=1​
That would be fantastic. Will definitely buy this and multi prefix addons if this is added in a suitable manner.

Seems to be a conflict with this addon and Themehouse's Topics addon. I couldn't get their widget to display on New Threads with this addon enabled.
Can anybody please judge the current status with this? I would like to use TH's Topics as well as "Ignore" and "Filter" of this addon. Both later in xf2.1.

Can anybody please judge the current status with this? I would like to use TH's Topics as well as "Ignore" and "Filter" of this addon. Both later in xf2.1.
It's still a problem if you wanted to display @ThemeHouse 's New Threads tab with the filters there, but at least they (Themehouse) have an option to disable New Tabs in navigation now if you don't mind doing without the filters there. (I use the New threads widget in the What's New overview.)

Top Bottom