Prefix Essentials featuring auto expiring prefixes and prefix filtering

Prefix Essentials featuring auto expiring prefixes and prefix filtering [Paid] 2.5.4

No permission to buy (£25.00)

Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright submitted a new resource:

Prefix Essentials - Some very useful extra prefix functionality

Prefix Menus:

View attachment 183193

• On the forum listing/index, there are menu items to view all threads prefixed with each prefix. These are limited to the prefix groups you enable (by editing the group in the admin panel).
  • Clicking one of the prefixes leads a new page that displays the threads with that prefix, regardless of the node it's in (respects user permissions).
Forum View Prefix Filter:

View attachment 183194
  • Makes it...

Read more about this resource...

Very nice man, congratulations for your addon.

Any news on the final version? I usually don't use betas because I'm not a programmer and I'm afraid to mess up my Forum.

@Stuart Wright @Xon
There is a bug.
When this addon is enabled, settings/filter for new posts (show only unread threads) is not saved.
My users when click on New posts they get thread listing but only with listed unread threads (threads with unread posts).
With this addon enabled, filters are every time reseted (no filters at all).
Could you please look at this because it frustrated my members a lot (older population)

12-32-07.webp

@Stuart Wright @Xon
There is a bug.
When this addon is enabled, settings/filter for new posts (show only unread threads) is not saved.
My users when click on New posts they get thread listing but only with listed unread threads (threads with unread posts).
With this addon enabled, filters are every time reseted (no filters at all).
Could you please look at this because it frustrated my members a lot (older population)

View attachment 185330
Thanks. @Xon will look in to this shortly

@Xon @Stuart Wright

Last Post Info - Thread Prefix is not refreshing. It just save first prefix and after prefix is changed, it is not changed too on last post info.

Last Post Info - Thread Prefix

1.webp

Actual prefix (more than 5 days)

2.webp

The add-on is just displaying the existing 'last_thread_prefix_id' data, it looks like XF doesn't push changes to the forum when the prefix changes despite tracking it initially;

PHP:
// general data changes
if ($this->discussion_state == 'visible'
   && $this->isChanged(['last_post_date', 'reply_count', 'title', 'discussion_type'])
)
{
   $forum->threadDataChanged($this);
   $forum->save();
}

I can push a work-around, but it may be something that XF doesn't want to change. It should be fairly minor all things considering

@Stuart Wright @Xon

I seem to recall the ability to remove the number of threads from being displayed when we had this for XF1. I can't recall how--but that's my memory for you.

Is there something I can add to extra.less that will remove the thread counts?

Hello,

If a thread have more than 1 prefix (using multi prefix add-on by @Xon ) they are not displayed above thread list.

(EG: Theme bug prefix is not displayed above thread list)

Can you make sure you have the most up-to-date version of MultiPrefix? It is what is doing the integration between these two add-ons.

If it still persists, please open on https://atelieraphelion.com/ so I can investigate and potentially provide builds which fix the issue.

Tested on any 2.1 beta sites yet? This will be a MUST for my site when I upgrade :) Thanks!

Top Bottom