Prefix Essentials [Deleted]

Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

Prefix Essentials - Additional Prefix Functionality

Prefix Menus:
View attachment 125812 View attachment 125813
  • On the forum listing/index, there are menu items to view all threads prefixed with each prefix. These are limited to the prefix groups you enable (by editing the group in the admin panel).
  • Clicking one of the prefixes leads a new page that displays the threads with that prefix, regardless of the node it's in (respects user permissions).
Forum View Prefix Filter:

View attachment 125811

Read more about this resource...

I fixed the prefix counts. I just swapped out the zip because nobody but avforums was running it yet and there was no reason to increase the add-on version number.

Ignore Prefixes
  • In the account -> preferences page users will be able to ignore prefixes.

Is this add-on different from you "Multi-prefixes" add-on? Seem overlap in functionality.
If we already own multi-prefixes, can we upgrade to this?

Is this add-on different from you "Multi-prefixes" add-on?
It's very different. Multi prefixes just allows you to have multiple prefixes, this does a lot more than you can see in the resource description.

Seem overlap in functionality.
If we already own multi-prefixes, can we upgrade to this?
There's not really any overlap, though multi prefix does do stuff with prefixes they could not be combined because avforums.com doesn't use multi prefix and has no interest in it therefore we couldn't force it on them. Due to the db schema changes, it's not feasible to disable that part of the add-on. It was better made separate.

No you cannot just upgrade your multi prefix to this add-on because they are very different and don't carry the same features. They are separate products.

Damn... another add-on I need to buy... :whistle:
Sorry. :p

Any chance of adding an option to automatically add the prefix as a tag to the thread when the thread is created/edited? :whistle:

Any chance of adding an option to automatically add the prefix as a tag to the thread when the thread is created/edited? :whistle:
That'd be relatively simple, can probably do that in 1.1.0.

Side note (not to cross promote but...), you may want to look at the "Prefix default tags" feature of Tag Essentials. It's not quite what you want because they can be removed (they're added to the box before submission rather than after) but it's a similar feature.

Unmaintained? it was updated a couple of days ago.
And the time before that was 13 months earlier. It was not compatible with 1.5 and even the author of the add on apologized for not taking care of it. It had the unmaintained prefix. Now it's back to being taken care of but the functionality is already in this add on and I don't see any reason to remove it. It is only one of the features of this add on.

And the time before that was 13 months earlier. It was not compatible with 1.5 and even the author of the add on apologized for not taking care of it..

I had no idea, I have been using it on all versions of 1.5 since it was released and it works fine.

I don't know. The resource was marked unmaintained. It was requested to be placed into this add-on, I did it. That resource is completely irrelevant of this add-on and I'd like to stop talking about it. These add-ons are not the same. That one is one feature of this. This is a much bigger add-on.

Top Bottom