Prefix Essentials [Deleted]

Already tried this mod and it didn't work caused conflicts with another mod. There is another multiple prefix mod I have but it's buggy. I assume both if fixed will work with your mod correct?
Can you explain how it is buggy? I've updated it to improve compatibility between Prefix Essentials and MultiPrefix

Can you explain how it is buggy? I've updated it to improve compatibility between Prefix Essentials and MultiPrefix

Short and simple it may not be your fault but it breaks other custom mods we have. Our devs are looking into it :)

Reactions: Xon
How can i fix the color issue? I want that white line to be the same color as the forum background and the text to be black.View attachment 142032
It uses the .sectionMain class which is standard. You could change the background by adding a line to your EXTRA.css
Code:
.discussionListFilters.prefixFilterBlock.sectionMain {background-color: #aaa;}
changing #aaa to whatever colour is appropriate.

How can I just show the prefix itself on top of the forum and NOT the count of threads?
Try this. (I haven't tested it).
Edit the template
prefixess_thread_list_prefix_list
and change the line
Code:
            <xen:set var="$prefixHTML"><li><a href="{xen:link forums, $forum, '_params={$pageNavParams}', 'prefix_id={$prefix.prefix_id}'}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $prefix, html, ' ({xen:if {$prefixCounts.{$prefix.prefix_id}}, {$prefixCounts.{$prefix.prefix_id}}, 0})'}</a></li></xen:set>
to
Code:
            <xen:set var="$prefixHTML"><li><a href="{xen:link forums, $forum, '_params={$pageNavParams}', 'prefix_id={$prefix.prefix_id}'}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $prefix, html}</a></li></xen:set>
If that doesn't work, revert it and let me know.

Try this. (I haven't tested it).
Edit the template
prefixess_thread_list_prefix_list
and change the line
Code:
            <xen:set var="$prefixHTML"><li><a href="{xen:link forums, $forum, '_params={$pageNavParams}', 'prefix_id={$prefix.prefix_id}'}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $prefix, html, ' ({xen:if {$prefixCounts.{$prefix.prefix_id}}, {$prefixCounts.{$prefix.prefix_id}}, 0})'}</a></li></xen:set>
to
Code:
            <xen:set var="$prefixHTML"><li><a href="{xen:link forums, $forum, '_params={$pageNavParams}', 'prefix_id={$prefix.prefix_id}'}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $prefix, html}</a></li></xen:set>
If that doesn't work, revert it and let me know.

that worked!
one more question, how can i right align that line?

that worked!
one more question, how can i right align that line?
Again, this is untested, but
Edit prefixess_thread_list_prefix_list
change
Code:
            <h3 class="filtersHeading">{xen:phrase prefixess_thread_prefixes}:</h3>
                <ul class="prefixList">
                    {xen:raw $allPrefixHTML}
                </ul>
to
Code:
                <ul class="prefixList">
                </ul>
(i.e. move the h3 to after the <ul list)
then add to EXTRA.css
Code:
.prefixFilterBlock .filtersHeading {float: right;}
.prefixFilterBlock .prefixList li {float: right;}

Again, this is untested, but
Edit prefixess_thread_list_prefix_list
change
Code:
                <ul class="prefixList">
                </ul>
to
Code:
                <ul class="prefixList">
                </ul>
(i.e. move the h3 to after the <ul list)
then add to EXTRA.css
Code:
.prefixFilterBlock .filtersHeading {float: right;}
.prefixFilterBlock .prefixList li {float: right;}

sorry, that did NOT work. It moved the text to the right of the filters, so the first part of the code worked. But it seems like the part in EXTRA.CSS is not working.

Can you target notices to filtered pages with this and threads with a specific prefix?

I currently have a couple of forums I'd like to consolidate and just differentiate all the threads with prefixes, however I have custom banners for each forum in the form of notices that I'd like users to see when they view the filtered list of threads, and the full version of any thread with that same prefix.

Can you target notices to filtered pages with this and threads with a specific prefix?

I currently have a couple of forums I'd like to consolidate and just differentiate all the threads with prefixes, however I have custom banners for each forum in the form of notices that I'd like users to see when they view the filtered list of threads, and the full version of any thread with that same prefix.
That would be an addon related to notices, I think.

Researched, purchased, implemented....and it took an hour for one of my members to complain that they can only filter by ONE prefix at a time...

Possible in the next release?

Prefix essentials doesn't add the ability to filter by prefix. That's standard Xenforo functionality as seen in this forum

upload_2017-1-18_22-51-34.webp

Prefix Essentials adds some essential prefix related functionality to Xenforo, but at the moment it doesn't add the ability to filter by more than the standard single prefix.
There's a reasonable chance of adding multiple prefix filtering but unless someone pays for it outright, I'm not planning on adding any new functionality until XF2.

Last edited:
@Stuart Wright Is there a conditional phrase where I can eliminate certain prefixes from specific forums?

IE: On this forum, designated for TV/Movies, I'd rather not have sports related prefixes. Ideally, I'd like to have prefixes for TV/Movies, Politics, etc. on that forum and only have sports prefixes on those forums.

1.webp

Top Bottom