Prefix Actions [Deleted]

It does works, but i did notice that when you change it from the forum list, you need to refresh before you see the lock icon.
When you change it when viewing the thread you see the changes instantly.
If you are doing the change from the forum list, you are doing it from the inline moderator menu. This add-on does not do anything with the inline moderator actions and I would be shocked if it opened/closed a thread from that menu at all.

This add-on only works with the Thread Tools as shown in the add-on description. Or, if an admin or moderator from the 'Edit Thread' selection in the same Thread Tools menu.

Last edited:
@Snog when I'm trying to install using the XML file from the zip, it is returning an error: "The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again."

I trying to install it the same way I have installed my other add-ons.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
CarlM24

That error indicates the files are not present, or maybe uploaded to the wrong location/directory.

That error indicates the files are not present, or maybe uploaded to the wrong location/directory.

I have followed the instructions held inside the folder. I have around 20 add-ons on my forums so I do have a good idea of how to install an add-on but only really using the XML file. I have double checked I have placed them inside the library folder as stated, and I have. Do you have any suggestions on how to correct this error?

Regards,
Carl

I just installed this add-on and it all installed correctly. Other than what I have already said I do not have any other suggestions.

@Snog thank you for making treads sticky and unsticky according to prefix. I was wondering if you could make a forum sort by prefix and group the same prefixes together?

Regards,
Carl

@Snog thank you for making treads sticky and unsticky according to prefix. I was wondering if you could make a forum sort by prefix and group the same prefixes together?

Regards,
Carl
I assume you got your installation problem solved?

As Steve said, that is already somewhat possible. If you want an add-on that shows all threads in prefix order, I can do something like that, but it will be quite a while before I can get to it.

I assume you got your installation problem solved?

As Steve said, that is already somewhat possible. If you want an add-on that shows all threads in prefix order, I can do something like that, but it will be quite a while before I can get to it.

Can you update me/this thread when it becomes available. I think it would be a very useful add on.

Regards,
Carl

Would it be possible to add a function for making it easier for users to switch between different prefixes?

The current way is not very intuitive/hard for users to find: Thread Tools->Edit Thread-> Click on the "Prefix" drop down

Just something I noticed. We use this most excellent add-on for our classifieds forum, but most users seem unable to find where/how to switch between prefixes. (As soon a user switch to the prefix "Sold" the thread is locked by this add-on).

...but then again, this might be better suited for a separate add-on. Not sure, just thought I should mention it :)

Would it be possible to add a function for making it easier for users to switch between different prefixes?

The current way is not very intuitive/hard for users to find: Thread Tools->Edit Thread-> Click on the "Prefix" drop down

Just something I noticed. We use this most excellent add-on for our classifieds forum, but most users seem unable to find where/how to switch between prefixes. (As soon a user switch to the prefix "Sold" the thread is locked by this add-on).

...but then again, this might be better suited for a separate add-on. Not sure, just thought I should mention it :)
That is the normal XF edit thread screen and is how it works if the user edits the thread before the 'Time limit on editing/deleting own posts' expires.

After the 'Time limit on editing/deleting own posts' expires, it's Thread Tools->Change Thread Prefix.

I'm not sure what else could be done to make it easier for users other than educating them on how XF works.

If anyone is using Xon's Multi Prefix add-on and you see errors after upgrading Multi Prefix to 1.4.14a, put the site into debug mode and go to the development tab in the admin area, click on Code Event Listeners, and find this listener for Multi Prefix..

load_class_controller - XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum

And change it's execution order from 2379 to 1.

Top Bottom