[OzzModz] Prefix Actions

[OzzModz] Prefix Actions 2.0.6 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
This resource is really great. I wonder if there is a way to prevent people from using a prefix when posting their threads?

For example, I am using the "Closed" prefix for closing thread. Is there a way to only allow people to use if after posting a thread?

1578223465871.webp

Thank you

Suggestion

Can you add an immediate as well as delayed action?
Example:
Action - Move
[X] Immediate
[X] Delayed (a box with minutes, ex: 3600 minutes)

Use case: I pull in RSS feeds that use a certain prefix. News, for example. I don't want the action to happen immediately, I want it to happen a couple days later.

Thanks for your consideration.

I installed it. But where do I set permission in order for it to work? I check User group permissions and look for prefix or action but found nothing.

Can't find it in Setup Options as well...

I don't get it.. who's actually the developer of this add-on? ozzy47 or Snog? or are they the same person? Because the resource was uploaded by ozzy47 and the discussion was started by Snog.. I'm still kind of lost to this new playground.

The addon was originally created by Snog. I took over his addons about a year ago, so now I am the developer.

Is it possible to add a more obvious button or pull-down menu for changing the prefix here instead of the current hidden one?

e.g. A button showing the current prefix (prefixes in case of multi-prefixes used). Upon clicking, a list of prefixes will be shown to be chosen to change.

1586799363356.png

Also, I'm not sure whether this can be done, one more action added for the prefix: prefix not allowed to be changed

Last edited:
When a thread's prefix has been changed to something that invokes the Close thread action, the thread starter can still change its prefix. That's undesired. If a thread is closed, we'll expect even the thread starter cannot change anything about it anymore.

The following codes seem to be able to show the hidden Edit prefix button on the action bar (whatever it's called).

1590083027953.png

In the template 'thread_view', search for:

Less:
<xf:if is="$thread.canWatch()">

Then before that line, add the following code:

Less:
<xf:if is="{$canChangePrefix}">
<xf:button  href="{{ link('threads/editprefix', $thread) }}" data-xf-click="overlay" class="button--link">{{ phrase('edit_prefix') }}</xf:button>
            </xf:if>

It's better to create a template modification for doing the above rather than messing up the original template if you know how to.

That's it.

Optionally you may want to disable the original 'thread_view' template modification made by the add-on which adds the hidden Prefix edit in the 3-dot menu...

1590083391607.png

Last edited:
I haven't used this yet but it seems the new help field can work well with this. For example you can new tell moderators what will happen in the field for each prefix. "This is a staff-only prefix that will move the thread to _____." Etc. Am I correct in this assumption or do you already have instructions built in?

1592856674698.webp
1592856683397.webp

Top Bottom