[OzzModz] Prefix Actions

[OzzModz] Prefix Actions 2.0.6 Patch Level 1

No permission to download

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

Prefix Actions - Add actions to prefixes

This add-on adds the ability to open, close, stick or unstick threads automatically when any prefix is selected.

If the original poster has permission to use a prefix, they can change the prefix at any time and the thread will be open, closed, stuck or unstuck as defined by the thread prefix.

View attachment 167463

This menu selection is added to the thread after the time limit on editing/deleting own posts has expired.
View attachment 167464

Read more about this resource...

If enabled - is this for ALL prefixes? Or is it forum/category dependant?

If it's a global - perhaps the ability to set permissions/activation on sub-forums/forums would be ideal.

If enabled - is this for ALL prefixes? Or is it forum/category dependant?

If it's a global - perhaps the ability to set permissions/activation on sub-forums/forums would be ideal.
This is global in the sense that any forum that has a prefix that a user can use, the prefix can be changed and the action will be taken.

I'm afraid it doesn't work if the prefix is selected from the moderator panel (in the moment I select to MOVE a thread to another section, if I also assign a PREFIX (such as SOLVED which is supposed to lock the thread, the thread doesn't get closed, while if I do it manually by selecting "Edit" from the first post, it works)..

Hope it helps.

I'm afraid it doesn't work if the prefix is selected from the moderator panel (in the moment I select to MOVE a thread to another section, if I also assign a PREFIX (such as SOLVED which is supposed to lock the thread, the thread doesn't get closed, while if I do it manually by selecting "Edit" from the first post, it works)..

Hope it helps.
This is not intended to do anything from the moderator panel. It is intended for the original poster of the thread.

From the add-on description..
If the original poster has permission to use a prefix, they can change the prefix at any time ...

If it's intended only for the original poster of the thread how come staff members editing his thread's prefix will also apply the effect of this add-on?

Sorry but I'm confused, since it worked for both author and moderators I was thinking moderator actions would have worked as well.

If it's intended only for the original poster of the thread how come staff members editing his thread's prefix will also apply the effect of this add-on?

Sorry but I'm confused, since it worked for both author and moderators I was thinking moderator actions would have worked as well.
It is intended to work from the "Edit thread" selection from the dropdown menu, which is the only thing the original poster would have access to.

It only works for staff from that menu selection because they have access to it. If staff is going to use the moderator tools, then they have to manually do the open/close, stick/unstick functions from there.

In other words... It is working as designed.

Hi @Snog

I am getting this error.

Code:
Server error log

Exception: Could not find class Snog\Actions\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread when attempting to extend XF\Pub\Controller\Thread src/XF/Extension.php:174

Generated by: Technoglitch Feb 22, 2019 at 10:52 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/App.php(2355): XF\Extension->extendClass('XF\\Pub\\Controll...', NULL)
#1 src/XF/App.php(1235): XF\App->extendClass('XF\\Pub\\Controll...')
#2 src/XF/Container.php(228): XF\App->XF\{closure}('XF:Thread', Array, Object(XF\Container))
#3 src/XF/App.php(2311): XF\Container->create('controller', 'XF:Thread', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(211): XF\App->controller('XF:Thread', Object(XF\Http\Request))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(89): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'unread', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', NULL, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(1880): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(81) "/threads/new-rules-to-benefit-tv-channels-not-tamil-nadu-subscribers.50785/unread"
  ["referrer"] => string(38) "https://entmnt.com/whats-new/posts/89/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Hi @Snog

I am getting this error.

Code:
Server error log

Exception: Could not find class Snog\Actions\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread when attempting to extend XF\Pub\Controller\Thread src/XF/Extension.php:174

Generated by: Technoglitch Feb 22, 2019 at 10:52 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/App.php(2355): XF\Extension->extendClass('XF\\Pub\\Controll...', NULL)
#1 src/XF/App.php(1235): XF\App->extendClass('XF\\Pub\\Controll...')
#2 src/XF/Container.php(228): XF\App->XF\{closure}('XF:Thread', Array, Object(XF\Container))
#3 src/XF/App.php(2311): XF\Container->create('controller', 'XF:Thread', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(211): XF\App->controller('XF:Thread', Object(XF\Http\Request))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(89): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'unread', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', NULL, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(1880): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(81) "/threads/new-rules-to-benefit-tv-channels-not-tamil-nadu-subscribers.50785/unread"
  ["referrer"] => string(38) "https://entmnt.com/whats-new/posts/89/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Upload the files to your server again. That file is most definitely in the zip file.

Reactions: DFI
Uploaded the files.

Disabled and enabled the addon. No error as of now. Seems to have resolve.

Thanks for the quick help.

Top Bottom