XF 2.2 Posting iframe

darkeye

How I can make a new post in my forum with a iframe? I tried something in the cutom bb codes, see attachment:

Edit-BB-code-iframe-Tischfussball-Forum-Admin-control-panel.webp

Please help.

Uow, that's fantastic.

I will try right now.

But one question:

Since I'm creating a custom BBCode, i wish to use for multiple links, not onedomain.com - how can i replace the src with some variable link?

Code:
<iframe style="border: 0; width: 600px; height: 240px;"
src="https://www.thisvariablelink.com"></iframe>

So, I'm testing every site that i have in my RSS Feeder to post a thread with a iFrame, following the lessons here.

Every site that i tested on, lets say, for example, iframe-generator.com is working and showing my beautiful iframe with borders and nice customization.

The code that I'm using as example:

Code:
<iframe src="{text}" style="border:2px #0000FF solid;" name="Fonte" scrolling="yes" frameborder="1" marginheight="0px" marginwidth="0px" height="400px" width="600px" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: Just to say, with some trial and error, my brand new BBCode worked perfectly, embedding the iFrame with entire webpages from any place that I want.

Now I’m going to test the new feature with my RSS Feeder and see what’s going to happen.

My only concern is how to limit user groups to NOT USE this BBCode, since a lot of security concerns come to my mind if I’m not mistaken.

Last edited:
I created that BB code rewrite as in the first post. My issue is that we are forced to use cloudflare and their streaming service to get MP4 to stream in the forum - it is an issue they have with the business plan.

So how can I get this embedded video work in the iframe:
Code:
<div style="position: relative; padding-top: 51.40625%;"><iframe src="https://iframe.videodelivery.net/88554e2afdfdf05440ff6c99e4871a3b" style="border: none; position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; height: 100%; width: 100%;"  allow="accelerometer; gyroscope; autoplay; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture;" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe></div>

After I did as you say and posted it in the thread, nothing happens it is just this code that show up.

The good thing using cloudflare for this is that they lock the video to only work from our domain, exactly what we needed.

You need to create a custom bb code as shown in the first post.

Top Bottom