Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

@Luke Foreman Apparently, if i disable "Enable news feed integration", i don't get any more alerts.

Confirmed, will fix this

When I uncheck 'Enable postbit totals integration', totals still display on postbits.

Checking 'Display ratings bar above signature' does not move the bar to signatures either.

Dunno if these errors gives any clues to what's going on.

You will still see totals after unticking that option, but they will display number of likes as the positive rating count and 0 as neutral and negative counts. It's a performance option rather than an override for the style property.

The only situation where 'display ratings bar above signature' would not work is on a heavily modified style. That may also explain your issue with hover/opacity.

Do the issues occur on the XF default style?

And can you confirm you have post ratings version 1.6.5 installed?

Hi Luke - getting an error message when trying to hit the button to buy now, which is apparently supposed to take me to paypal, ya?

Code:
An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #102.d56d19b8.1402903066.14f113bb

Hi Luke - getting an error message when trying to hit the button to buy now, which is apparently supposed to take me to paypal, ya?

Code:
An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #102.d56d19b8.1402903066.14f113bb

That doesn't look like an error my cart would return, possibly an issue with your connection or paypal

If you can't get it working, please send me a PM and I'll sort something out for you manually

Im guessing this has already been asked and possibly even addressed but 106 pages finding an answer would prove problematic sooo...

I would like to request Font Awesome support.. I believe i discovered a template modification that might be helpful to some but if we could simply add icons by adding FA codes into a input box from the ACP would make for an awesome update.. No offence but im just not a fan of the default cartoonish icons and would love to use FA instead.. I actually modified mine but font awesome has several hundred icons making it easy to find a icon for every possible rating one can think up (almost)
Capture_06172014_164244.webp

Last edited:
Hi @Luke Foreman,

Paying customer and big fan of your add-on here. One of my users requested the following:

Is there a way that on our posts, instead of just showing likes received it can show the Positive/Neutral/Negative splits that it shows when you click on someone's avatar? I think that would be much cooler since we have this awesome rating system.

Can you instruct me how to add this modification? I believe what he is referring to is the "User Info Container".

Thanks in advance!

@Luke Foreman

Hi,

I've been very interested in trying out this add-on for quite a few weeks now but I am hesitant in purchasing it. Post Ratings is something that I believe is a community decision and I want to make sure my forum members like it before I invest in the product. Therefore, I'm wondering if you have a Post Ratings "Lite" or something available for download that has minimal features but keeps the basic functions intact. That way users can test it out on their own site before paying the full price. Is this not possible?

My point is if my forum members don't like the add-on after I purchase it then this ~$40 investment was a bad one on my part.

Thank you.

@Luke Foreman

Hi,

I've been very interested in trying out this add-on for quite a few weeks now but I am hesitant in purchasing it. Post Ratings is something that I believe is a community decision and I want to make sure my forum members like it before I invest in the product. Therefore, I'm wondering if you have a Post Ratings "Lite" or something available for download that has minimal features but keeps the basic functions intact. That way users can test it out on their own site before paying the full price. Is this not possible?

My point is if my forum members don't like the add-on after I purchase it then this ~$40 investment was a bad one on my part.

Thank you.
While I understand and can relate to your concern (I've got a warehouse full of premium mods I can't /don't use) I will go on a limb and say it's so extensive if one application doesn't work for your community I'm almost certain you can make use of its numerous other possibilities.

Unfortunately you have to take that risk.
Do YOU like this add-on?

I may like it on paper but what's the point if the members who visit my community don't? I can not and will not force a feature on them that they do not want.

While I understand and can relate to your concern (I've got a warehouse full of premium mods I can't /don't use) I will go on a limb and say it's so extensive if one application doesn't work for your community I'm almost certain you can make use of its numerous other possibilities.

Thank you. Yet the centerpiece of this add-on is to create a 'reputation' system and if that isn't fulfilled then I'm not sure what other possibilities there are.

The reason I stress a 'lite' version or a demo is because this add-on changes forum culture completely. Such a fact is recognized in the details of the add-on itself (for example, they noticed forum activity actually increased on their forums). But before implementing an impacting add-on such as this, I want to make sure it is welcomed on my forum first.

I may like it on paper but what's the point if the members who visit my community don't? I can not and will not force a feature on them that they do not want.

Thank you. Yet the centerpiece of this add-on is to create a 'reputation' system and if that isn't fulfilled then I'm not sure what other possibilities there are.

The reason I stress a 'lite' version or a demo is because this add-on changes forum culture completely. Such a fact is recognized in the details of the add-on itself (for example, they noticed forum activity actually increased on their forums). But before implementing an impacting add-on such as this, I want to make sure it is welcomed on my forum first.

Would you like me to install a copy for you on a private test forum of mine, and create a few users on it so your members can play around with the add on? More than happy to do that if you want.

Can this be used on a per forum node basis? Example, I want to use this for a specific forum section but the way I would set it up wouldn't pertain to my news & announcements or general sections.

The light version of this is included in XenForo.
"Like"
It's been extended by the developer of this addon.

No, because in Xenforo there isn't any negative rating system. You either 'like' a comment or you don't. You aren't able to 'like' a comment or 'dislike' a comment. The difference is large when you know someone can dislike your comment rather than only knowing that someone can like your comment. This additional feature is what Post Ratings achieves.

Anyway, I want to speak to the developer about this.

Would you like me to install a copy for you on a private test forum of mine, and create a few users on it so your members can play around with the add on? More than happy to do that if you want.

I may PM you about this. Thank you.

Last edited:
No, because in Xenforo there isn't any negative rating system. You either 'like' a comment or you don't. You aren't able to 'like' a comment or 'dislike' a comment. The difference is large when you know someone can dislike your comment rather than only knowing that someone can like your comment. This additional feature is what Post Ratings achieves.

Anyway, I want to speak to the developer about this.

I may PM you about this. Thank you.

It's all ready. Just let me know.

We've seen a few of our users react to the ratings they receive by giving that user negative ratings as well. I turned off the ability to see who rated a post, but users still can see via a notification or in their user panel.

Is there any way to disable a user group's complete ability to see the post ratings to avoid this situation?

We've seen a few of our users react to the ratings they receive by giving that user negative ratings as well. I turned off the ability to see who rated a post, but users still can see via a notification or in their user panel.

Is there any way to disable a user group's complete ability to see the post ratings to avoid this situation?

Anonymous ratings would be a good idea

Top Bottom