Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Luke the post ratings addon is killing our server:

It's adding 13 subqueries to the main thread query. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please can you optimise this? ASAP?
(We checked that it's not our editorial element, and it's not. The query took 18 seconds to run without it).

Set 'Minimum ratings for thread list top rating' to 0 if you want to avoid that query

I'd also recommend checking that you have enough RAM allocated to the innodb buffer pool, because there's no way the query could be that slow unless the index isn't being held in memory

Last edited:
Reactions: HWS
Set 'Minimum ratings for thread list top rating' to 0 if you want to avoid that query

I'd also recommend checking that you have enough RAM allocated to the innodb buffer pool, because there's no way the query could be that slow unless the index isn't being held in memory
Very good, Luke. You correctly identified that Tim had allocated our new memory to the wrong buffer. I'm impressed. I also made that change to the config.
Site is working faster now. Many thanks

Sorry i have nothing to see the Option!

Go to..

ACP -> Applications-> Post Rating (left hand menu) -> Ratings

Then you can either delete all the existing ratings and add your own or you can just click on each rating you want to edit and then edit the icons or name or whatever you like.

I like the add on so far, but I really wish it were possible for a single user to select multiple icons for a single post. Also, cannot find what the suggested size is for custom icon.

@Lone Wolf thank you for that info. Looking to add a .jpg image file for a custon ico I'm trying to add but cannot figure it out. The icon location field note says "The filename of the icon in /styles/dark/ratings/(filename) to use for this rating" so I dragged the file to /styles/dark/ratings/(filename) but cannot get the file to load in the icon list just the name.

I noticed all the other icons are png files does mine have to be also?

@Lone Wolf thank you for that info. Looking to add a .jpg image file for a custon ico I'm trying to add but cannot figure it out. The icon location field note says "The filename of the icon in /styles/dark/ratings/(filename) to use for this rating" so I dragged the file to /styles/dark/ratings/(filename) but cannot get the file to load in the icon list just the name.

I noticed all the other icons are png files does mine have to be also?

So, you've uploaded your file to the correct folder. Now you should just be able to put in the file name of your image. E.g. disagree.png , or nicepost.gif , or agree.png

It shouldn't matter what type of image it is whether it is a png or a jpg.

An example of one of mine:

image.webp

My forum offers a kind of competition or prize game.

In certain fora users may nominate an object/ a photo in an submission/blog for "Find of the month".

I accomplished this with the following addon: Post Ratings

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/post-ratings-taking-likes-to-the-next-level.410/.

Those 10 submissions/blogs with the most nominations from first-of-the-month to last-of-the-month take part in a survey, based on which a "Winner of the Month" is named.

To do so, I sould be able to do a query on which of the submission is nominated the most (ratio of nomination) in a period "from - to".

I assume the most easiest way to do so is to use the "issues & contributions / batch manager", where I have the possibility to limit almost everything, like date and fora, but am not able to query the ratio of nominations.

Your support is highly appreciated to extend/adapt the "issues & contributions / batch manager" in such way that it supports the query on nominations.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

bildschirmfoto-2014-01-29-um-12-57-18-kopie-png.65962

I have a suggestion if its not available yet.

Can somehow, we allow members to op out from the ratings?

For example, I don't want people to put ratings on my profile so I choose to not participate, (but I wont be able to rate others too, to keep it fair)

Any reason why the Sidebar_visitor_Panel is not showing the post ratings? Only the "Ratings:" wording is showing. I believe I have the correct code in the Sidebar_visitor_Panel template.

Code:
<xen:require css="dark_postrating.css" />
<dl class="pairsJustified">
<dt>{xen:phrase dark_ratings}:</dt>
    <dd><xen:if is="{$postrating_enabled_ratings.positive}"><span class="dark_postrating_positive">{$postrating_ratings_total.positive}</span><xen:if is="{$postrating_enabled_ratings.neutral} || {$postrating_enabled_ratings.negative}">/</xen:if></xen:if><xen:if is="{$postrating_enabled_ratings.neutral}"><span class="dark_postrating_neutral">{$postrating_ratings_total.neutral}</span><xen:if is="{$postrating_enabled_ratings.negative}">/</xen:if></xen:if><xen:if is="{$postrating_enabled_ratings.negative}"><span class="dark_postrating_negative">{$postrating_ratings_total.negative}</span></xen:if></dd></dl>

Top Bottom