Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

This is already possible - there's a forum whitelist as well as a group whitelist for each rating

What version are you running?

What version? Does it still appear with other addons disabled? Are you on XF 1.2? Any errors in the Javascript console?

I made the error to install it with auto-installers. Solved it, thanks (y)

I'm having a strange issue - I'm sure it's operator error but I can't figure it out.

Admin Extra came to me with Post Ratings in use. Shelley did some development for her graphics there, and the icon set for Post Ratings on AdEx were mostly her designs. However, they were all being pulled from individual files instead of a spritesheet so I got busy uploading her extended Post Ratings spritesheet to my server and switching over to the sprites. I did this with at least half a dozen different icons with no difficulties.

Shelley also graciously agreed to create a new image that I was looking for, and added it to the spritesheet. I uploaded that spritesheet to the system with no problems. Then yesterday she added one more image to the spritesheet for me (a wrench from her AdminCP debug collection) and I uploaded the current spritesheet. Thanks Shelley!

For some weird reason, even though the spritesheet has the wrench image on it (I viewed it directly on the server and it's right there next to the question mark) I can't get it to show up in the Post Ratings Edit Icon controller. It's not where Shelley's coordinates say it should be, and if I use the controls to manually search the spritesheet there's no wrench.

But it is there. Why can't I see it in the Post Ratings controller?

Edit: Must have been some kind of cache issue. I tried again after waiting several hours and this time it worked just fine. Nothing to see here, just move along. :D

Last edited:
Luke is this your CSS?

Code:
/* fix above sig float bug */
.message .messageMeta { margin: 0 !important;}

This actually messes up the theme I am using from CyberAP. I would removed this or make it an option if you need this fix or not.

@Luke Foreman, Is it possible to simply disable that the ratings will be shown on the "Recent Acitity" page? People's ratings are just clogging that page, and I dont think thats positive. So only disabling something like the "show on recent activite" option or delete a line in a template, does that work? thank you

1 small little problem. The "likes" link next to reply is gone. I had the option to keep it in the last version. No idea why it's missing now.

Tried to update:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 131058 bytes) in /home/forumdof/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Phrase.php on line 932

:(

edit: looks like it updated correctly despite the issue. Can I open my forum or should I be worried about this fatal error?

Last edited:
Tried to update:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 131058 bytes) in /home/forumdof/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Phrase.php on line 932

:(

edit: looks like it updated correctly despite the issue. Can I open my forum or should I be worried about this fatal error?

It's probably no big deal, but I would recommend raising your php memory limit to at least 64MB and rebuilding master data by going to /install

32MB is too small to run xenforo properly

Updated to latest version just now and still cannot 'Recount' - it keeps going to blank screen.

This will be a server timeout as I explained previously. You need to raise timeouts in your http server and in php, or follow the instructions for performing the queries manually in the first post of this thread.

It's not a bug, but I do plan on moving to the async system XF uses for upgrades etc. at some point

@Luke Foreman sorry if this has been answered somewhere already, but is there a way to enable more than one rating per post? love this plugin by the way!

Unfortunately no

1 small little problem. The "likes" link next to reply is gone. I had the option to keep it in the last version. No idea why it's missing now.

It should have been removed long ago as it didn't actually work to a suitable standard since version ~1.1

@Luke Foreman, Is it possible to simply disable that the ratings will be shown on the "Recent Acitity" page? People's ratings are just clogging that page, and I dont think thats positive. So only disabling something like the "show on recent activite" option or delete a line in a template, does that work? thank you

You can disable the option 'Enable alerts/news feed integration'

Seems like since I upgraded from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1, my posts view counts aren't updating...

There were no changes that could have affected that.

Just for clarification and so I know we're on the right page

xenforo.com 2013-10-11 20 26 59.webp

^^ This is what seems to be missing and there is no options that I can find to bring it back.

Not too sure if this has already been asked but, is there any way to limit the amount of rating users can give. Can't seem to find any type of management tools

Top Bottom