Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

@Luke Foreman Still the same error during recount:
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Out of range value for column 'like_count' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Dark/PostRating/Model.php at line 558
Dark_PostRating_Model->recountRatings() in Dark/PostRating/ControllerAdmin.php at line 18
Dark_PostRating_ControllerAdmin->actionRecount() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/.../admin.php at line 13
Should I change any specific parameter? Or any information I can give to you to make it clear?

Last edited:
@Luke Foreman Still the same error during recount:
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Out of range value for column 'like_count' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Dark/PostRating/Model.php at line 558
Dark_PostRating_Model->recountRatings() in Dark/PostRating/ControllerAdmin.php at line 18
Dark_PostRating_ControllerAdmin->actionRecount() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/.../admin.php at line 13
Should I change any specific parameter? Or any information I can give to you to make it clear?

Are you definitely setting like rating to 'disabled' in step 3?

I installed xenporta and post ratings together in a fresh 1.1.4 test board and couldn't reproduce any issues getting it to work with article comments, though I know some people have been having issues with xenporta since the 1.1.4 update. Can you give some more detail?
Do I need to edit any template anywhere to get the ratings to work in the comments on XenPorta articles?

Are you definitely setting like rating to 'disabled' in step 3?
Yes. I did everything exactly what there is said.
I guess something wrong with reputation system in its root. Cause when I've imported forum the reputation was also imported with some trophy points. After this I've imported likes and thanks and these likes have also added some Trophy Points. So maybe I should drop some xf reputation tables also?

Last edited:
Great plugin! I got three questions:

1.) Is there a possibility to restrict this to the first/main post? And not display it on the comment posts that follow?

2.) Is it possible to keep it from fading so it's always visible?

3.) Is there a way to display popular posts on the homepage based on these ratings? For instance, most liked posts, most agreed posts, most funny posts etc.?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Great plugin! I got three questions:

1.) Is there a possibility to restrict this to the first/main thread? And not display it on the comment threads that follow?

2.) Is it possible to keep it from fading so it's always visible?

3.) Is there a way to display popular posts on the homepage based on these ratings? For instance, most liked posts, most agreed posts, most funny posts etc.?

Thank you!
  1. You mean for posts?
  2. Yes. Go Post Rating Options: Input bar minimum opacity
  3. Yes. Options: Minimum ratings for thread list top rating

Thank you mono for replying. Regarding the 1st question, yes I meant for posts. Display it on the 'first post' and then not display it on the comments that follow.

Thank you mono for replying. Regarding the 1st question, yes I meant for posts. Display it on the 'first post' and then not display it on the comments that follow.
Welcome. It can be found if you go to Ratings and for each rating you may enable this option (First post only). I haven't tried it yet, but I guess that you will be able to use chosen rating only for the first post on the whole forum.

Welcome. It can be found if you go to Ratings and for each rating you may enable this option (First post only). I haven't tried it yet, but I guess that you will be able to use chosen rating only for the first post on the whole forum.
Thank you mono!

Can someone confirm there's no existing way to import reputation from vBulletin as rep for this modification instead of likes?

In depends on what you'd like to see.

I just want the basic vbulletin reputation (positive rep) converted into a positive rep (only) with this addon. It'd include green rep bars being built up. That functionality would be enough.

I'm currently completing my import already though, so now I'd be looking to convert existing XF likes to a positive rep category with this mod. I want to keep future XF likes, but I want exist likes converted to reps...

If someone wants to help me with this, even for pay, I'd really appreciate it. My users don't really want to see the rep system go, but are okay with the addition of likes (in addition to keeping the rep system and post reputation).

We keep getting requests from our users to be able to see things like the most rated post in a thread and the most rated thread that day, etc.

Are there any plans to build any sort of stats/overviews in at some stage?

Sorry if this is a pretty rudimentary question but I've scrolled through these pages trying to find the answer to:

Can this just be used for positive ratings only and therefore show only a positive rate count for members?

I'm sure it's mentioned here but I need another coffee to find it :)

Yep, its a setting in the options page.

Never show neutral rating totals
Never show negative rating totals

The obviously only actually have positive ratings.
Perfect!
Not saying I will never use negative ratings but I may just test the water with positives first.
Thanks for that.

The huge gap comes from dark_postrating_member_info_bar template.

Instead of messing with the template I went to admin.php?options/list/postRating

and unchecked Display bar total on member profile. Huge space is gone.

Top Bottom