Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I am trying to figure out how to add new images for post ratings addon. I downloaded Sheldon's Icon pack from the resource manager and I uploaded the images but they show a big x and aren't showing properly.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong for the icons to not show up properly(probably something simple lol). Here is a screenshot of what I mean...there is a big X by the beer and bull**** where the icons should show

2uihlxg.png

Make sure you are uploading the images to the correct area. Also make sure the names are correct.

*also, if you are replacing, you might have to uncheck the box for sprites.

Make sure you are uploading the images to the correct area. Also make sure the names are correct.

*also, if you are replacing, you might have to uncheck the box for sprites.

Wow, it's hard to believe I was valedictorian lol..as usual it was something so simple.
When you go into label the icons it says under Icon field
The filename of the icon in /styles/dark/ratings/(filename) to use for this rating.

i was literally typing in /styles/dark/ratings/beer.png which is why i didn't show up. All i needed to type in was beer.png lol

Thanks sheldon!

Hopefully I haven't missed this answer before, but a few searches turned up empty: If you display the likes received in the postbit and profile, is it possible to only show the positive ratings and not the negative ratings?

Also, is there a way to hide negative ratings in a post? They would still trigger the soft hide if it gets to the requisite amount, just not displaying them?

I have a question,

I've deleted many buttons and I want to reinstall them and disable instead of delete them. I've already reinstalled the add-on but the default buttons weren't re-installed :(

Do I need to prune a table?

Thanks! Will it recount the ratings in the past?

Yep the totals will be updated to take the deleted ratings into account

Hopefully I haven't missed this answer before, but a few searches turned up empty: If you display the likes received in the postbit and profile, is it possible to only show the positive ratings and not the negative ratings?

You would want to use these options:
byuv.png

Also, is there a way to hide negative ratings in a post? They would still trigger the soft hide if it gets to the requisite amount, just not displaying them?

This could be done by template edits to dark_postrating_detail and dark_postrating_output using the following condition:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$rating.type} >= 0">

I have a question,

I've deleted many buttons and I want to reinstall them and disable instead of delete them. I've already reinstalled the add-on but the default buttons weren't re-installed :(

Do I need to prune a table?

Drop table dark_postrating_ratings and reinstall

Bought this mod and so far it's doing just what we want.

Couple of quick Qs.

1. Is there are way of allowing the OP to rate their own post?
2. How does this integrate with xenporta exactly? Completed the suggested template edit but not seeing anything...

Are you planning to add xf rocks widget framework support for this addon? Fx so we can show "most funny threads" or "most informative posts" ?

Neat. Any chance this can be added as an option in the next version?

Given that it's not been suggested before, I think it would be best as just a template edit for now

Bought this mod and so far it's doing just what we want.

Couple of quick Qs.

1. Is there are way of allowing the OP to rate their own post?
2. How does this integrate with xenporta exactly? Completed the suggested template edit but not seeing anything...

1. This currently isn't possible, though I may make it an option in the future. I quite like the idea of people being able to rate their own posts, and the first release was done like that, but it proved an unpopular way of doing things.

2. If you promote a thread to an article, it should change the layout around so that the OP is full size and all other replies look like blog comments. The integration allows you to use ratings on these comments.

Are you planning to add xf rocks widget framework support for this addon? Fx so we can show "most funny threads" or "most informative posts" ?

Maybe something for the future, though I'd like to add integration with the new 'notable members' page first

Will there be an update soon for XF 1.2? I know you said after beta 2 and now we are at beta 4. Just wondering.

Still coming soon, basically same reason as before, I'm delaying as long as possible to see if a suitable backwards-compatible TMS solution appears. At the moment it's looking like I am going to have to target XF 1.2 exclusively in the next update. (However if this is the case, I will continue to include the current version 1.5.1 for XF 1.1 users.)

Still coming soon, basically same reason as before, I'm delaying as long as possible to see if a suitable backwards-compatible TMS solution appears. At the moment it's looking like I am going to have to target XF 1.2 exclusively in the next update. (However if this is the case, I will continue to include the current version 1.5.1 for XF 1.1 users.)

Did you get his update files on github?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

Is it a big change allowing users to rate their own posts, no problem applying or modifying the code myself if it isn't too big a change (and you can point me in the right direction ;))

Understood on xenporta.

Also wondered if it is expected the 'likes' show in the xenporta front page below the title. This OP on this thread has likes.

upload_2013-7-5_12-37-48.webp

Attachments

• upload_2013-7-5_12-37-14.webp
    upload_2013-7-5_12-37-14.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 1
Given that it's not been suggested before, I think it would be best as just a template edit for now

1. This currently isn't possible, though I may make it an option in the future. I quite like the idea of people being able to rate their own posts, and the first release was done like that, but it proved an unpopular way of doing things.

2. If you promote a thread to an article, it should change the layout around so that the OP is full size and all other replies look like blog comments. The integration allows you to use ratings on these comments.

Maybe something for the future, though I'd like to add integration with the new 'notable members' page first

Could you possibly make a temp update Luke? I think waiting for the TMS for some is welcomed but I don't use the TMS and this is the only add-on I'm waiting for before going live. Don't mean to sound demanding, that is not the intention just a temp fix for 1.2 would be very much appreciated. Of course this is your add-on and I can only suggest and ask. :)

Could you possibly make a temp update Luke? I think waiting for the TMS for some is welcomed but I don't use the TMS and this is the only add-on I'm waiting for before going live. Don't mean to sound demanding, that is not the intention just a temp fix for 1.2 would be very much appreciated. Of course this is your add-on and I can only suggest and ask. :)
I'd really like to see this happen. I don't use TMS, and the only thing I'm waiting on now is this lovely addon to work on 1.2 and then I can get @King Kovifor to work on some exciting goodies. Please please please @Luke Foreman *flutters eyelashes* we'll love you forever. :X3:

I have found a patch and fix that will allow it to work on 1.2. This should allow you to use this until @Luke Foreman provides a proper update.

In /library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Post.php you need to make the following change in the first 2 instances of the following code:
Find:
PHP:
'postrating_js_modification' => filemtime("js/dark/postrating.js")

Replace with:
PHP:
                'postrating_js_modification' => filemtime("js/dark/postrating.js"),
                'postrating_minimum_opacity' => XenForo_Application::get('options')->dark_postrating_minimum_opacity

Last edited:
I have found a patch and fix that will allow it to work on 1.2. This should allow you to use this until @Luke Foreman provides a proper update.

In /library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Post.php you need to make the following change in 2 places:
Find:
PHP:

Replace with:
PHP:
                'postrating_minimum_opacity' => XenForo_Application::get('options')->dark_postrating_minimum_opacity

+1 confirmed, this indeed fixes it with beta 4 build. Thank you!

In /library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Post.php you need to make the following change in 2 places:
Find:
PHP:

Replace with:
PHP:
You suck... love you :D

Top Bottom