Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

This is a great piece of add-on. We are using it now.

Luke Foreman said:
And an alternative way of displaying total ratings received on postbit (via style property):

I have looked at the style property but -still- am lost with that. I would like to add this green/red bar, any clue on how to do this?

This is a great piece of add-on. We are using it now.

I have looked at the style property but -still- am lost with that. I would like to add this green/red bar, any clue on how to do this?

Simply go to the 'message elements' section of style properties and tick the option for it

Can you not just create a group that has only one member and whitelist the group?
It is possible, however with the amount of individuals I'm trying to give unique ones, it would be easier to give it to one member. Especially to reduce the amount of groups I create.

If you have people abusing it, simply add them to a group with no ability to rate posts. Alternatively use the group whitelist system to make sure they can only rate posts positively.
I'm in the same situation, I would have thought it makes more sense to have a limit and not be worried about this kind of stuff than manually moving users and creating another usergroup just for dealing with that. That's more a band-aid solution imho. With the ability to downvote comes the ability to abuse it so it makes sense to have something prevent it in the first place.

For me, it's not the abuse, Staff members get their own, individuals who help out, get ones, certain section of our group get them. Some of these are easier done by user groups, but for the individual ones, it's getting troublesome to just keep making groups.

Since I upgraded to 1.4.0, I have been missing the feature that allowed for users to mouse over on the counter of the ratings given in each post and see a list of the users who gave the ratings in question.

I figured that it might have disappeared by mistake, so I was happy when I learned that 1.5.0 was out and hoped that the feature had been re-instated. Unfortunately that was not the case :-( I have looked through the options page numerous times but don't seem to be able to find any option to enable/disable the feature.

Is it my installation which is not working properly, or was the mentioned feature removed on purpose? I and my users miss it - a lot!

Thanks in advance.

@Luke - Asking again whether you are going to entertain the idea of giving the ability for admins to manage post ratings from those that abuse it? I don't mean to harp on and certainly not pressuring you to have it done yesterday but more to ask whether the suggestion is something you'll entertain at some point in the future? :)

Isn't that the Usergroup Permissions options?

"View Ratings Lists"

You are absolutely right!! Thanks a million. I don't recall changing any of these permissions, since I installed Xenforo, but if this specific thing was added in 1.4.0 and by default set to "no", it explains why it suddenly disappeared. But now it's there again!

I would pay a lot of $ to have his post ratings work inside Tapatalk or our own BOYA tapatalk mobile. That would rock! Cause right now ppl cant even like etc.

Hi just recently purchased two license of this (I have two sites) but I never got the emails in how to obtain the software (welp!). I think my mail server's greylisting may not be playing nice with your mail server, so could you help me out and send me a link? I enjoy using this addon on other xenforo sites, so I want it on my sites!

Hi just recently purchased two license of this (I have two sites) but I never got the emails in how to obtain the software (welp!). I think my mail server's greylisting may not be playing nice with your mail server, so could you help me out and send me a link? I enjoy using this addon on other xenforo sites, so I want it on my sites!

Yes it seems to be bouncing, can you please PM me an alternative address?

Lovely more stuff to fix later :P (gmail hotmail and monstercable can get to it, but so far not paypal and now this, so its a dns issue) anyways PM time

Top Bottom