Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Will this work with version 1.0.4 of xF?

Just tested and amazingly it does work, just took one small code change (will be included from the next update onwards in releases). TMS however doesn't work - you need to do the manual template edits.

Replace line 364 of library/Dark/PostRating/Model.php with:

Code:
if ((!method_exists($userModel, 'isUserIgnored') || !$userModel->isUserIgnored($postUser, $user_id))

Edit: The admin interface for editing ratings with spritesheets is a little messy, but not unusably broken

Just tested and amazingly it does work, just took one small code change (will be included from the next update onwards in releases). TMS however doesn't work - you need to do the manual template edits.

Replace line 364 of library/Dark/PostRating/Model.php with:

Code:
if ((!method_exists($userModel, 'isUserIgnored') || !$userModel->isUserIgnored($postUser, $user_id))

Edit: The admin interface for editing ratings with spritesheets is a little messy, but not unusably broken

Thanks for that - I've purchased it now - will no doubt have questions shortly. Thanks in advance!

Just bought this, I've tried 3 times to install it and its not working.

When i go to run the xml it gives me this

The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

Please help.

I've installed many other addons successfully, They are in the right spot with proper permissions.

I've even tried deleting the source files and re-uploading several times, but I get the same error every time.

Just bought this, I've tried 3 times to install it and its not working.

When i go to run the xml it gives me this

Please help.

I've installed many other addons successfully, They are in the right spot with proper permissions.

I've even tried deleting the source files and re-uploading several times, but I get the same error every time.

Looks like you didn't upload the files correctly, with that error.

I'd check for spelling errors/changes in one of the folders, especially if you are certain you have them uploaded correctly.

Uninstalled TMS and PR and then reinstalled both and it worked.

Made my own icon set, thought i'd share a screenshot.

Screen%20Shot%202012-05-03%20at%2011.20.32%20PM.png

Those are nice, do you know if they are vector/vexel? In other words they have editable paths/outlines.

Even if they don't at 7 bucks i can't argue, but editable paths are always preferred.

Also, did you make those?
Yes, they come with a PSD for each set (Thres 4 sets, though they're all the same icons) that are vector.

And no I didn't make them, I just subscribe to the RSS feed and it came up this morning with Feedafever (My RSS reader).

Yes, they come with a PSD for each set (Thres 4 sets, though they're all the same icons) that are vector.

And no I didn't make them, I just subscribe to the RSS feed and it came up this morning with Feedafever (My RSS reader).

Well thanks for passing it along, they don't have teh same degree of style as the glyphish ones but they are very nice and I can't argue with 7 bucks. Glyphs are such a great resource to have sitting around. Easily insertable iconography into designs can be pretty powerful.

Well thanks for passing it along, they don't have teh same degree of style as the glyphish ones but they are very nice and I can't argue with 7 bucks. Glyphs are such a great resource to have sitting around. Easily insertable iconography into designs can be pretty powerful.
The glyphish ones are nice, though I don't like the jagged edges on some of the icons.

I'm mostly planning on using font based icons, though I might do one with image based icons depending on how much I decide to do with it.

The glyphish ones are nice, though I don't like the jagged edges on some of the icons.

I'm mostly planning on using font based icons, though I might do one with image based icons depending on how much I decide to do with it.

hmm I've never run across any jagged edges. They are all vector based in illustrator so its most likely the the pixelation is the way the browser is rendering the icon at its current size.

Is it possible that this Addon makes my Forum slower? I am using it since several days, and my forum needs a little bit longer to load a page. Whats the Reason, and what i can do? I have only a small Forum + Teamspeak 3 installed. I am on a VPS with 512mb Ram, i think thats enough..isnt it?

And i have only 10 Addons installed.

Is it possible that this Addon makes my Forum slower? I am using it since several days, and my forum needs a little bit longer to load a page. Whats the Reason, and what i can do? I have only a small Forum + Teamspeak 3 installed. I am on a VPS with 512mb Ram, i think thats enough..isnt it?

And i have only 10 Addons installed.

Can you enable debug mode and post the page load time (and mysql query time) of a thread with the addon disabled and again with it enabled?

I used "Ratings Score" and it definitely helped keep things on one line. :)

I must have increased the text size and it being slightly larger than default the "Rating Score" prefix broke onto two lines so I settled for "Score". I'm not particularly fond of the "Score" prefix and I'll probably lower the text-size at a later date and go with the original intended prefix.

Uninstalled TMS and PR and then reinstalled both and it worked.

Made my own icon set, thought i'd share a screenshot.

Screen%20Shot%202012-05-03%20at%2011.20.32%20PM.png

Nice work. (y) Reading further with regards to vectors, that's how I design all my graphics which are vectored and have editable paths and placed anchor points where I deemed necessary to place them. Very nice job, liking the bomb icon.

I'm trying to diagnose which addon is causing our performance issues and something I noticed is the following:

With Post Ratings enabled:

Screen Shot 2012-05-07 at 15.33.36.webp

Without Post Ratings enabled:

Screen Shot 2012-05-07 at 15.33.28.webp

I did this 3 or 4 times, turning post ratings on/off and it's the same results every time so I'm fairly sure of the effect. The page load time is about twice as long with Post Ratings enabled but the query time isn't hugely different.

Top Bottom