Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Luke has a much better track record. Been very few bugs and when there has been Luke fixes it quickly.

Oh my god, I want to apologize to everyone, especially @Luke F. It was late at night, and I confused him with a different developer and add-on who I won't mention - one who had ignored us with a major bug for a very long time (almost a year). I will go back right now and edit my posts (if allowed) but I want everyone to know I was completely wrong and I'm sorry. I hope @Luke F will accept my apology.

For the record our users love this add-on and we have gotten much more than our money's worth from it. We are excited to see future versions.

Our users also love this add-on and we'd desperately like @Luke F to produce the XF2 version as we're rolling out XF2 soon (yes, we know it's a beta). We'd happily pay a goodly sum for it and I've messaged him privately about this and some other XF integration work we'd like him to quote for.

This is the only addon that will determine when I can upgrade to v2 as it is the most favoured by my users

Ah ok, thanks for the reply. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can only allow the ratings feature for users who have 10 posts or more under their belts.

Create a new user group promotion and set the ''allow'' for post with more than 10x posts, disable the feature for registered users with posts below 10.

Create a new user group promotion and set the ''allow'' for post with more than 10x posts, disable the feature for registered users with posts below 10.
Yes that seems like a logical thing to do but I cannot figure out how to do it! Where do you even specify how many posts a user has to have? I feel like I'm missing something in the ACP. I really appreciate any guidance you could give me for this.

Yes that seems like a logical thing to do but I cannot figure out how to do it! Where do you even specify how many posts a user has to have? I feel like I'm missing something in the ACP. I really appreciate any guidance you could give me for this.

Create a new user group you can call it verified members. Set the permissions to whatever you have right now for the registered group allowing them you use the rating feature. Go back to the registered group and uncheck the allow, set it to NO. Now go back to the group you just created.
ACP>Users>User Group Promotions> Apply This Promotion While..> User has posted at least X messages: 10

once done run the rebuild cache for user group permission and promotion. All members with more than 10 will automatically be add to the "verified" group and users with post below 10 will remain in the registered group with no privilege to use the rating feature.

Create a new user group you can call it verified members. Set the permissions to whatever you have right now for the registered group allowing them you use the rating feature. Go back to the registered group and uncheck the allow, set it to NO. Now go back to the group you just created.
ACP>Users>User Group Promotions> Apply This Promotion While..> User has posted at least X messages: 10

once done run the rebuild cache for user group permission and promotion. All members with more than 10 will automatically be add to the "verified" group and users with post below 10 will remain in the registered group with no privilege to use the rating feature.
Thank you for your help, I managed to get it done in the end!

For anyone else trying something similar, User Group Permissions is in the list of options on the left.

Also, if you find that users with less than 10 posts still have access to the Post Ratings (as I did) then check Node Permissions to make sure they dont have permissions in there too.

Thanks again ALMUSA!

@Luke F

On the edit ratings page on admincp. Is it possible to add User Restriction along with Group Restriction and Forum Restriction? Reason being sometimes i want to ban a user from giving a negative rating, and keep allowing him to give neutral or positive rating. Hopefully it makes sense to you and something that can be implemented in your future releases.

@Luke F

Does this work on the new Xenforo 2.0
And/Or is there planned support for this once the official support XF 2.0 comes?

If the author or anyone knows the answer that would be great!

@Luke F

Does this work on the new Xenforo 2.0
And/Or is there planned support for this once the official support XF 2.0 comes?

If the author or anyone knows the answer that would be great!

--Luke had acknowledged he was working on XF2 with Post #3249(Yes I am working on a 2.0 rewrite for XF 2 :) ) and then confirmed in post #3333 on 10.15. I bought this add on less than a month ago and can echo others sentiments, very easy to set up, users love it, and most importantly, no bugs or issues.

Was anxious to migrate to 2.0 now that UI.X 2.0 is out. Realized I need this in order to upgrade. It's a community favorite.

Top Bottom