Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Gmail won't let me download the addon anymore as you can see from the screenshot below.

blocked.webp

I know it's not malware, but Gmail doesn't let me override. Anyone else have this issue and a workaround, like a way to override Gmail?

@Luke F , if you're reading this would appreciate if you could send a copy of the addon to my alternate address of sabetmd@yahoo.com or PM a copy to me. I originally registered with you under amin@talknex.com but don't own that email anymore.

Thanks,
Amin

I found a workaround. Used Apple’s Mail app on iPhone to retrieve the email from Gmail, and from there I could download the attachment, upload to iCloud, download from there on PC, and voila.

Gmail won't let me download the addon anymore as you can see from the screenshot below.

View attachment 149848

I know it's not malware, but Gmail doesn't let me override. Anyone else have this issue and a workaround, like a way to override Gmail?

@Luke F , if you're reading this would appreciate if you could send a copy of the addon to my alternate address of sabetmd@yahoo.com or PM a copy to me. I originally registered with you under amin@talknex.com but don't own that email anymore.

Thanks,
Amin

Sent it to your yahoo address now, including a workaround I added since gmail introduced that new policy

@Luke F do you have any plan to change this add-on to in fact extend the like handler at all? so that it be able to be used in other 3rd party add-ons that are using core standard to add like system. (or at least adding support of a couple of add-ons that are so important)

Well, we have it, but in fact almost the activities of our sites are in big 3rd party add-ons. +90% in these 6 add-ons that all have like system:
  • AMS (article management system) by @Bob
  • UBS (users blogs system) by @Bob
  • SC (showcase) by @Bob
  • Social Groups by @Nobita.Kun
  • XFMG
  • XFRM
  • (also because our sites are Social Networks, so profile posts are also important)
Forums are rarely being used in our site. So if this add-on adds ratings to those parts listed above, would be awesome.
(you know XFRM and XFMG. and good thing about Bob's works is that he uses all standard and his add-ons respect the core always. so adding support of something to his add-ons is not weird or time taking at all. as some other developers are doing it)
Feel free to pm me for further discussion about it if needed.

Last edited:
@Luke F Our userbase is obsessed with ratings and we have used your addon for years. That being said, do you have any plans to allow for certain ratings to be restricted to only user groups. In other words, we would like to offer "exclusive" ratings that can only be issued by certain user groups.

What are your thoughts?

@Luke F Our userbase is obsessed with ratings and we have used your addon for years. That being said, do you have any plans to allow for certain ratings to be restricted to only user groups. In other words, we would like to offer "exclusive" ratings that can only be issued by certain user groups.

What are your thoughts?
That functionality is already present, there is a group whitelist option when editing a rating :)

@Luke F do you have any plan to change this add-on to in fact extend the like handler at all? so that it be able to be used in other 3rd party add-ons that are using core standard to add like system. (or at least adding support of a couple of add-ons that are so important)

Well, we have it, but in fact almost the activities of our sites are in big 3rd party add-ons. +90% in these 6 add-ons that all have like system:
  • AMS (article management system) by @Bob
  • UBS (users blogs system) by @Bob
  • SC (showcase) by @Bob
  • Social Groups by @Nobita.Kun
  • XFMG
  • XFRM
  • (also because our sites are Social Networks, so profile posts are also important)
Forums are rarely being used in our site. So if this add-on adds ratings to those parts listed above, would be awesome.
(you know XFRM and XFMG. and good thing about Bob's works is that he uses all standard and his add-ons respect the core always. so adding support of something to his add-ons is not weird or time taking at all. as some other developers are doing it)
Feel free to pm me for further discussion about it if needed.

The XF 2.0 rewrite will likely store all positive ratings as XF likes which can be picked up by other addons

I will consider the feasibility of extending ratings to other content types too, but no guarantees

@Luke F what do you think should happen when someone receives a post rating from someone on their ignore list?
Do you think someone should be able to leave a post rating for someone who is ignoring them?
Because at the moment someone is using the 'funny' rating on every serious post of the person ignoring them and notifications of the rating are being received.

@Luke F what do you think should happen when someone receives a post rating from someone on their ignore list?
Do you think someone should be able to leave a post rating for someone who is ignoring them?
Because at the moment someone is using the 'funny' rating on every serious post of the person ignoring them and notifications of the rating are being received.

Yes that's definitely not right, the user should not be notified of the rating. I will check everything is working as intended there

Just bought this again for another forum and it hasn't sent me the email. What do I do?

Please PM me your purchase email and I will get it re-sent to you

So, I'm using this experimentally, and I have a lot of questions about things that users might like.

Among them:
  • Prevent users you've ignored from leaving reactions on your posts. (This seems pretty hard, XF doesn't seem to expose whether users have ignored you normally.)
  • Let a user react more than once to a post.
  • Allow users to select which reactions they want notifications for.
Arguably bugs:
  • If you turn off the CSS sprite behavior, all the settings for it are reset, so if you want to turn it back on later, you have to recreate them.
  • In threads, everything works as-expected if I just take away the image for a sprite, but the listing of first-post likes in the thread list for a forum still tries to use it if the CSS sprite checkbox is ticked.
Also, I'm completely stumped about how the "likes on first post" content ends up getting displayed. Like, I can't find anything which includes that template. So I can read and even modify the template, but I don't know what's causing it to get used. (I don't object, I am just bothered because I can't understand the thing.)

More generally, should you be able to see ratings from people you've ignored? I ask because we've got some issues with users who sometimes use ratings to poke people who don't want to talk to them.

Top Bottom