Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Hello @Luke F,
Long time since we have seen an update... I do have a suggestion, can we have instead of all these faces to click on, something similar to what Facebook has with reactions...Basically, a Like button, and if you hover the button - on desktop, or press long on mobile you get additional reactions..Having other 4 -5 reactions would help us (that we can set). This should be a big improvement in the feel and look of the plugin.

View attachment 135688

PS. This type of feature should go in Xenforo 2.0... This would be a great improvement for the "Like" button. @Mike

Has anyone implemented this?

Could be worth getting some quotes in to have it custom coded.

I imagine a less fancy way of doing it would be to only show the first rating and hide the rest in a hamburger menu next to it. Would certainly clean up the space on each message.

Hello @Luke F,
Long time since we have seen an update... I do have a suggestion, can we have instead of all these faces to click on, something similar to what Facebook has with reactions...Basically, a Like button, and if you hover the button - on desktop, or press long on mobile you get additional reactions..Having other 4 -5 reactions would help us (that we can set). This should be a big improvement in the feel and look of the plugin.

View attachment 135688

PS. This type of feature should go in Xenforo 2.0... This would be a great improvement for the "Like" button. @Mike

This would be excellent for many reasons, not least of which is how crowded / busy it looks as is, especially on mobile.

@Luke F, My users keep asking for a way to leave reputation/rating comments like vBulletin had. I feel this is the only feature this addon lacks as it covers a wide array of reputation features. Adding this would make this addon even better and more complete I think.

My only option currently is to uninstall this addon and buy one from @ThemeHouse. They're the only ones who seem to have a system like that which allows comments to be left. It's not as advanced as yours though and would rather keep your system in place. Plus it would be a waste of the 2 licenses I have to this addon.

My only option currently is to uninstall this addon and buy one from @ThemeHouse. They're the only ones who seem to have a system like that which allows comments to be left. It's not as advanced as yours though and would rather keep your system in place. Plus it would be a waste of the 2 licenses I have to this addon.
Link to their add-on?

I'm looking to move the ratings input to the public controls as well as the undo. See the images below.

Now.
upload_2016-10-3_21-11-54.webp

Would ideally like it to be like so -
upload_2016-10-3_21-12-13.webp & upload_2016-10-3_21-12-23.webp

Any idea on how to accomplish this?

I have a weird issue where posts prior to a certain date in 2014 seem to have likes counted twice. I think this has something to do with me switching from another post thanks to this and maybe importing twice? Can't remember what I did back then.

Never really bothered me, but now that I've installed @Luke F 's Best Posts addon as well, those posts from a long time ago have an unfair advantage in showing up as Best Posts.

I did a recount ratings in the Admin CP, but that doesn't seem to have done anything. Posts like this one still have their likes counted twice: https://www.mu-43.com/threads/olympus-om-d-e-m1-image-thread.53225/#post-531770

You can see in that example that only two people liked, but it says Like x 4. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Hi all, i just understand that there are the "likes" from the first post viewed in the thread view.
But this makes no sense for me, because people will understand that the thread has x likes.
The likes are only for the first post and not for the whole thread, neither from the number nor from the idea.

So i wouldget rid of the likes in the thread view; maybe i have not found the right place to switch it off, or is it a template change, please?

I have a 'Most Likes' (By Andy) side bar add-on installed and we have had this for a while now. Today I just realised that it may not be counting all the ratings, just the 'like' rating. This is not good as this is a popular add-on which people do notice.

Does anyone know if there is an add-on that displays the most ratings, in total, so likes and all the custom ratings? (for the past so many amount of days, but I am using a week)

Because of how I have setup this add-on (post ratings) people rarely use 'like' as there are better options, so the most likes is not accurately portraying the most ratings.

Hello @Luke F,
Currently we have the option to allow a rating to be only shown on the first post of a topic. Is it possible to do the opposite of this. I mean the rating will be shown on all posts except the first post of a topic.

Hi @Luke F !

Firstly, thank you for your great addon, i would like to know where you can find these icons ? ^^ (the bus, the wall and the magical hat x) )

b-bg.png

Thanks for your help :)

Top Bottom