Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Can you see your own ratings? I mean on your post, when people rate you, would you be able to see it?

Yes

My last version sent is 1.7.2. I have not received subsequent releases. Was the price just a yearly thing?

PM me your email address and I'll get the latest version re-sent to you

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Is it possible to show ratings received there instead of likes received?

Where are you referring to? Post Ratings should replace this pretty much everywhere

Good evening,

I want to know how to translate the phrases associated with icons, like on the screenshot.

QYB6Ykf.png

Thank you in advance for your help.

You can change the text on your main language by editing the rating title in Admin CP > Applications > Ratings

Or you can translate it for a particular language only by finding the phrase dark_postrating_rating_x_title, where x is the numeric ID of the rating (get this from the address bar when editing a rating)

I'm not sure if I'm missing something

I have everything disabled but it still shows up in sidebar

Ratings showing up in side bar
View attachment 133453

disabled features

View attachment 133451
View attachment 133452

Delete the contents of templates:
  • dark_postrating_account_wrapper
  • dark_postrating_account_ratings_received
  • dark_postrating_account_ratings_given
(do not actually delete the templates, just remove all the text in them)

Hi,

purchased this just now and I'm missing permissions to specify that specific usergroups cannot receive negative ratings.

It's common for my forum that moderators - when moderating, lol - are receiving a bit of hate... And I believe they would be spammed with negative ratings. So a setting to disallow negative ratings for my moderators group would be neat.

Another question: I'm planning to use this addon with the [bd] Banking addon. This add-on provides points when liking and unliking own or other threads.

You claim that the "default" or "legacy" liking of XF is completely supported. So I guess there shouldn't be any problems of add-ons like [bd] Banking hooking into the default XF liking system to work with your addon?

For anyone using Post Ratings along with new versions of Tapatalk plug-in (3.0.x) there's a slight change needed to be made in library/Dark/PostRating/Model/Post.php file. I have attached the patch file and the modified file itself.
Hi, I am the Tapatalk tech lead in plugin development. That patch is required to work with Tapatalk plugin series 3.x.x, please add it to your plugin if not done yet ;)

Hi, I am the Tapatalk tech lead in plugin development. That patch is required to work with Tapatalk plugin series 3.x.x, please add it to your plugin if not done yet ;)
Let me make sure I understand - you work for Tapatalk, correct?

So without this patch, if we are using the Post Ratings addon, what occurs?

Does this patch allow all the post likes to operate via tapatalk?

Or does this patch just allow the basic "like" function to operate with TT 3.x.x?

Can @Luke F verify this modification is OK to do?

Or does this patch just allow the basic "like" function to operate with TT 3.x.x?

Yes that patch is fine

Without the patch, you cannot like at TT. With patch, basic like will operate at TT.

Hi @Luke F @moledj
Some users are reporting that they can't edit previous posts.
This message appears:
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160522_e029d3b3195fe8c7f79e1556081c9273.webp
Tried disabling SignatureOnce addon, but nothing happened.
Then I disabled Post Ratings addon and I was able to edit the post.
Any idea why is this happening? How can I offer more info (it doesn't show on forum error logs)?
TIA

In my test environment I had that problem too. I done is change the line in PostRating/Model/Post.php (86)

PHP:
$post['rating_cache'] = empty($post['rating_cache']) ? null : json_decode($post['rating_cache'], true);

with

PHP:
$post['rating_cache'] = empty($post['rating_cache']) ? null : (is_array($post['rating_cache']) ? $post['rating_cache'] : json_decode($post['rating_cache'], true));

BTW, I am looking at our code to check if the real problem comes from us calling two times that function for some reason.

Can you enable an option to limit how many times a user can post ratings per day? I get so many users that abuse this and spam like, dislike, etc.

In my test environment I had that problem too. I done is change the line in PostRating/Model/Post.php (86)

PHP:
$post['rating_cache'] = empty($post['rating_cache']) ? null : json_decode($post['rating_cache'], true);

with

PHP:
$post['rating_cache'] = empty($post['rating_cache']) ? null : (is_array($post['rating_cache']) ? $post['rating_cache'] : json_decode($post['rating_cache'], true));

BTW, I am looking at our code to check if the real problem comes from us calling two times that function for some reason.
Great, it works :)
Thanks for the quick fix!

For anyone using Post Ratings along with new versions of Tapatalk plug-in (3.0.x) there's a slight change needed to be made in library/Dark/PostRating/Model/Post.php file. I have attached the patch file and the modified file itself.
I am reluctant to patch post ratings as it is another thing I have to remember to do if Luke posts an update. Plus if post ratings doesn't actually have anything wrong with it, then Tapatalk should be patched instead.
So my question is does post ratings contain deficient code which this patch fixes? If so is @Luke F going to fix it as part of the next update?

PHP:

with

PHP:

I think that fixed my error, but my users are saying they can no longer Like anything now from the TapATalk app. Any ideas?

Top Bottom