Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Assuming another addon is providing the last field, you would need to enable debug mode then go to admin cp > development > code event listeners > template_hook under Post Ratings and try increasing/decreasing 'callback execution order'

Not really, it's just a custom user field. I fixed it anyway by moving the custom field loop to just below the gender field call (didn't seem to break anything so far). Thanks.

I still get the same error @TheBigK gets even after I disabled all other modifications besides XenPorta and Post Ratings and used a default Xenforo skin with no Style Properties or Template edits.

Screen Shot 2013-09-11 at 11.18.13 PM.webp Screen Shot 2013-09-11 at 11.17.44 PM.webp Screen Shot 2013-09-11 at 11.12.07 PM.webp

@DRE - Our users so badly want to have the ratings in the xenPorta comments. Can't wait to see @Luke Foreman fix it :)
I copied and pasted everything that was in the XenPorta Article Message template, into the message template and the post ratings actually showed up, so I know it works. It's just not working for the template modifications he created for Post Ratings, even though it shows that it's working in the Template Modification Panel. (the number of replacements show and the color is green when it's supposedly works).

Hello again,

I am having a bit of an issue with rendering text properly when used in conjunction with another add-on, XenCetrnal Invite System:
X8ykPir.png

Quote from XCentral:
this issue mentioned is not connected with our product, but the product which adds rating information. As you can see in your screenshot, there is error no only at the end, but also at the beginning of custom lines, where "Members" is now shown correctly. In XenForo 1.2.x the layout markup for this section is changed, and some third-party scripts are still using the old markup causing this issue. You should contact addon provider and ask them to fix the issue.

Thank you!

That's currently not possible by design, there is just a minor bug that allows you to rate a post with a like followed by any other rating in cases such as having two tabs open of the same post.

I don't personally see any reason for having more than one rating per user per post, plus it means changing some of the queries and ui, but I might make it an option.

Hi luke
I can not use this addon if multiple rating is not allowed.
a post can be useful, but also funny and in the same time contains spelling errors.( how can we rate just one?)
that was my idea when I bought this addon: use it to rate posts in different aspects( ideas, grammar, well formatted or not..)
but now, I Have just to say : funny, like it or not....
I'm disappointed....

Since upgrading to XF 1.1.2 I'm getting a heart plus a thumbs up with each like.

Edit: Arty found the problem - caused by a conflict with the Showcase add on.

Last edited:
I upgraded from 1.1.5 to 1.2.2 and then updated post ratings to 1.2 latest version and many ppl saying they lost hundreds of likes (positive ratings) - do i need to do a recount or something?

I upgraded from 1.1.5 to 1.2.2 and then updated post ratings to 1.2 latest version and many ppl saying they lost hundreds of likes (positive ratings) - do i need to do a recount or something?

If you were running a very old version of post ratings previously, it's possible that you had encountered the bug where likes could be included twice in the total.

Either way, I would recommend using recount ratings in the ACP.

If you were running a very old version of post ratings previously, it's possible that you had encountered the bug where likes could be included twice in the total.

Either way, I would recommend using recount ratings in the ACP.
I just clicked recount and it took like 10 seconds then went to a blank page

and Ive checked server error logs (this came up hours ago)

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Dark_PostRating_Model_Conversation::getMessagesForLikesByIds() - library/ConvEss/AlertHandler/Like.php:23
Generated By: Mikey34, Today at 7:24 AM
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError(Array, Object(bdTagMe_XenForo_Model_Alert), 12889, Array)
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(51) "http://www.truckmountforums.com/mobiquo/mobiquo.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

One of my members requested an addition to the Post Ratings icon set - "a question mark with "I'd like to know this too!" It is basically a way for users to say the question presented interests them too and it could possibly motivate more to get someone to answer".

Does this already exist? The discussion thread here is far too long to search for it.

Top Bottom