Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

hi DI,

in message_user_info template, i show the "likes received" ... how can i replace it by "rating received" ?

that way :

rating.webp

oersonally, the only thing that would make this addon worth the price is the ability to use more than one rating. why 'fix' it?

oersonally, the only thing that would make this addon worth the price is the ability to use more than one rating. why 'fix' it?

That's currently not possible by design, there is just a minor bug that allows you to rate a post with a like followed by any other rating in cases such as having two tabs open of the same post.

I don't personally see any reason for having more than one rating per user per post, plus it means changing some of the queries and ui, but I might make it an option.

Luke, where download the last version ?

You should have received PostRating.zip via email - as a new customer you will always receive the latest version (1.0.2 currently).

If you didn't receive anything, PM me your email address and I'll sort it out asap.

You should have received PostRating.zip via email - as a new customer you will always receive the latest version (1.0.2 currently).

If you didn't receive anything, PM me your email address and I'll sort it out asap.
No problem, i received ;) (I asked for future releases)

Great addon, one I'll be adding into my site when I get onto it :)

Just out of interest, if you have no neutral or negative ratings, do the various points on the site that list ratings in the 0 / 0 / 0 format change to +0 if no neutral / negatives or 0 / 0 if there are only two types?

Reason I ask is that the current rep system on vB causes grief between members when people leave -ve comments, so one good thing with the standard XF like system is that its only +ve. I know we can simply just create positive ratings, but if we do that it would look a bit odd if the neutral and negative scores were always 0.

That's currently not possible by design, there is just a minor bug that allows you to rate a post with a like followed by any other rating in cases such as having two tabs open of the same post.

I don't personally see any reason for having more than one rating per user per post, plus it means changing some of the queries and ui, but I might make it an option.
[thank - disagree]
if the options were limited to 'like' and 'dislike', people might not want to click both. but if your choices were like, agree, disagree, thank, laugh, groan, hug, and slap there are many combinations people might wish to click.

Make sure to add Bazinga! as an option.

bazinga.jpg

No problem, i received ;) (I asked for future releases)

Ah, updates are emailed to all customers

Great addon, one I'll be adding into my site when I get onto it :)

Just out of interest, if you have no neutral or negative ratings, do the various points on the site that list ratings in the 0 / 0 / 0 format change to +0 if no neutral / negatives or 0 / 0 if there are only two types?

Reason I ask is that the current rep system on vB causes grief between members when people leave -ve comments, so one good thing with the standard XF like system is that its only +ve. I know we can simply just create positive ratings, but if we do that it would look a bit odd if the neutral and negative scores were always 0.

That isn't the case right now but will be in the next update :)

[thank - disagree]
if the options were limited to 'like' and 'dislike', people might not want to click both. but if your choices were like, agree, disagree, thank, laugh, groan, hug, and slap there are many combinations people might wish to click.

I guess it depends on your usage, personally I think that would devalue the ratings and lead to clutter.

I'll look into making it an option though anyway

View attachment 23289

Can you vote from the choices on the left ? (ie. choices already picked).

Probably best to keep it consistent I think - input on the right and output on the left is pretty much how the likes system is

Our native "Like" button is still there. Shouldn't it be gone? What'd I miss?

Never mind. I thought the "Disable Likes bar" disabled the mod. It removes the native "Like" button.

My bad.

OK, but the Proplem is: In your Screenshots there is this: q23y.webp Is there no Option to set "Positive Ratings received" and "Negative Ratings received"? :cry:

Top Bottom