Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I'm trying to diagnose which addon is causing our performance issues and something I noticed is the following:

With Post Ratings enabled:

View attachment 29234

Without Post Ratings enabled:

View attachment 29233

I did this 3 or 4 times, turning post ratings on/off and it's the same results every time so I'm fairly sure of the effect. The page load time is about twice as long with Post Ratings enabled but the query time isn't hugely different.

Have you got the fetch templates as files option enabled and a php opcode cache installed (apc/xcache/etc)?

I suspect there is an issue with template caching/rendering that is being masked in my testing due to that option being enabled - I'll look into it

I have APC installed and working (it's listing the Post Rating templates as being cached):
Screen Shot 2012-05-07 at 16.53.22.webp

I also have fetch templates as files enabled (assuming this is the one you mean):

Screen Shot 2012-05-07 at 16.54.53.webp

I've toggled the addon on/off lots of times now and it's definitely affecting the page load time quite substantially.

I've been keeping an eye on the debug page and it seems that when we hit a peak in traffic our query time increases quite a bit and it seems to be this query:

Screen Shot 2012-05-08 at 21.35.58.webp

You'll note that the Run Time value is 0.36 seconds. Normally that value is 0.05 seconds or so but sometimes when we have a peak in traffic it's that value which gets a lot higher and contributes the majority of the change to the query time which itself is typically around 0.1 seconds.

I've not been able to test whether it's the Post Ratings part of the query which is causing problems but next time we see a traffic peak I'll disable it and compare the results.

I appreciate a lot of this is circumstantial so if you're able to make sense of it then it'd help a lot :-)

A little bit more.

As I posted in post #600, the page load time with the addon enabled is double the time when it's disabled. I've tested this again and it definitely seems to be the case.

It's a bit hard to test the individual query time of query #4 above with the addon enabled or disabled due to it's fluctuations but it seems that in general the query time is significantly longer (double or more) with the addon enabled but this is worse when under high traffic. With very low traffic the effect isn't really noticeable.

I was looking to style the positive neutral and negative ratings and see that the neutral hasn't got a custom class defined any reason why you didn't give this a custom class and anychance you could possibly give it one in one of your updates DI?

Darkimmortal updated Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level with a new update entry:

Version 1.3.1

Please expand post to view the update instructions

Changelog:

1.3.1 (10/05/2012):

• Added css class to style neutral ratings
  • Added option to never show totals for positive, neutral and/or negative ratings
  • Performance: globally cached rating titles and other phrases
  • Performance: optimised template rendering
  • Performance: added internal...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hey luke, i am using the custom smileys/spritesheet from shelley. how can i update your addon, without loosing my settings? i have done many changes in positive, negative and neutral.

hey luke, i am using the custom smileys/spritesheet from shelley. how can i update your addon, without loosing my settings? i have done many changes in positive, negative and neutral.
Don't overwrite the spritesheet in the upgrade, all other changes you've made stay ;)

Some customers may have received two copies of 1.3.1 due to a minor glitch in the email script - they are identical.

I was looking to style the positive neutral and negative ratings and see that the neutral hasn't got a custom class defined any reason why you didn't give this a custom class and anychance you could possibly give it one in one of your updates DI?

Added in the latest update :)

Some customers may have received two copies of 1.3.1 due to a minor glitch in the email script - they are identical.

Added in the latest update :)

A little donation will be coming your way shortly di as soon as I can drag my lazy backside to paypal. Nice job yet again and appreciate your efforts. :)

edit: if you can start a private pc with me as I'm unable to start one with you to get your paypal addy.

A little donation will be coming your way shortly di as soon as I can drag my lazy backside to paypal. Nice job yet again and appreciate your efforts. :)

edit: if you can start a private pc with me as I'm unable to start one with you to get your paypal addy.
I think I may join you on a donation. Well worthy of the support! This is truly one on my favourite mods (so much so I bought it twice lol - so I got double the amount of emails when it glitched :D)

Received, thank you very much! :)

I think I may join you on a donation. Well worthy of the support! This is truly one on my favourite mods (so much so I bought it twice lol - so I got double the amount of emails when it glitched :D)

I don't know if you already have my paypal, but if not it's admin(at)imgkk.com

Thank you so much for the support :)

Received, thank you very much! :)

I don't know if you already have my paypal, but if not it's admin(at)imgkk.com

Thank you so much for the support :)

Your welcome DI.

Hmm I'm having some issue when hovering over the rating icons. When hovering over them they collapse and retract type of thing you can see the issue on bbsmiley. Any incline what may be causing that? TIA

Your welcome DI.

Hmm I'm having some issue when hovering over the rating icons. When hovering over them they collapse and retract type of thing you can see the issue on bbsmiley. Any incline what may be causing that? TIA

Can you try going to the rating list page in the ACP? Just opening that page will refresh the cache

Everything in post ratings is now showing double.

I have been unable to revert my template edits since before I installed TMS.

Nor am I unable to disable the TMS template edits.

Why? Because of my shared server's php.ini limits. It keeps timing out.

What is another way that I can disable your TMS edits?

Everything in post ratings is now showing double.

I have been unable to revert my template edits since before I installed TMS.

Nor am I unable to disable the TMS template edits.

Why? Because of my shared server's php.ini limits. It keeps timing out.

What is another way that I can disable your TMS edits?

If you have the old template edits intact there is no need for TMS - you can simply disable the individual TMS edits or the entire TMS addon

Top Bottom