Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Unless it is changed, an email will be sent to the email address you purchased with (normally paypal?) with a link to download it.

Purchased ....where do you download the file.. still awaiting email or confirmation

It will be sent to your paypal email. If you are a gmail user, check your spam folder. If you definitely haven't received it, PM me your purchase email address and I will re-send

@Luke F could you possibly look into adding a feature where we can remove a certain user's ratings that he has given in a certain time? I have some users who like to ratings boost and spams every post with a rating.

We have the Post Ratings addon enabled and are also using Slavik's iOS app. Someone was able to Like a post on the app and then go and give it another rating via our website.

Not sure if this is a bug with the Post Ratings addon or the app (or both) but worth bringing it to attention as it looks like one of them isn't checking for existing Likes correctly.

I figured out how to use this query to import the "Thanks" and "dislikes" from DBtech likes mod

insert ignore into XENFORO_DB_NAME.dark_postrating select null, contentid, userid, receiveduserid, if(varname = 'thanks', THANKS_RATING_ID, if(varname = 'dislike', DISLIKE_RATING_ID, 1)), dateline from VBULLETIN_DB_NAME.dbtech_thanks_entry

I replaced the THANKS_RATING_ID and DISLIKE_RATING_ID with the ID's numbers from this mod
Works all fine

but I have there another field called "helpful" in DBtech likes which I try to import also
The variable there is called "helpful" and I want it to get into the field with the ID: 6
I tried to modify the query above to achieve this but I must do something wrong as I get errors.

Somebody could help me to setup the correct query?
Thanks

Sorry if this was already explained, but my users are complaining that the buttons are too close together... Is there a way to spread them out a bit? Also is there a way to display all the ratings received by a member cumulatively and who gave them?

Unable to get this to load using Add-on, Install and Upgrade. It renders an error saying 'only proper resource links allowed'. Any ideas?

I have a problem with Post Ratings. I get this now at the top of each page and the rating icons are now gone.
  1. Illegal string offset 'like_count' in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Dark/PostRating/EventListener.php, line 264
  2. Illegal string offset 'like_count' in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Dark/PostRating/EventListener.php, line 264
Never had this before today. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I have a problem with Post Ratings. I get this now at the top of each page and the rating icons are now gone.
  1. Illegal string offset 'like_count' in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Dark/PostRating/EventListener.php, line 264
  2. Illegal string offset 'like_count' in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Dark/PostRating/EventListener.php, line 264
Never had this before today. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Did you recently upgrade PHP?

Can someone point me to a step-by-step, written-for-beginners set of instructions as to how to modify this add-on? I want to replace one of the icons and rename the others.

@Luke F

In Dark_PostRating_Model::ratePost, is there any reason you aren't using XenForo_Application::$time when inserting a record into dark_postrating ? It makes it impossible to accurately track the alert event which would have generated the dark_postrating entry since $time is seeded at the start of the request and UNIX_TIMESTAMP() uses the MySQL database time at the insert time.

My fix is;
Code:
    $db->query('
     insert into dark_postrating set post_id = ?, user_id = ?, rating = ?, rated_user_id = ?, date = ?
     on duplicate key update rating = ?, date = ?
    ', array($post['post_id'], $user_id, $rating, $postUser ? $postUser['user_id'] : null, XenForo_Application::$time, $rating, XenForo_Application::$time));

@Luke F

In Dark_PostRating_Model::ratePost, is there any reason you aren't using XenForo_Application::$time when inserting a record into dark_postrating ? It makes it impossible to accurately track the alert event which would have generated the dark_postrating entry since $time is seeded at the start of the request and UNIX_TIMESTAMP() uses the MySQL database time at the insert time.

My fix is;
Code:
    $db->query('
     insert into dark_postrating set post_id = ?, user_id = ?, rating = ?, rated_user_id = ?, date = ?
     on duplicate key update rating = ?, date = ?
    ', array($post['post_id'], $user_id, $rating, $postUser ? $postUser['user_id'] : null, XenForo_Application::$time, $rating, XenForo_Application::$time));

Good point there is no reason for it to be using unix_timestamp(), just an oversight

Hey Luke. We're doing a Xenforo - Xenforo import. How do we import our current Post Ratings data so it can be carried over? I did a test on localhost and it didn't carry over, although we still have the total ratings total. Just not the data on individual posts.

Top Bottom