Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

01. XenForo 1 is just more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

02. I spent a ton of money on XenForo 1 addons. I am poor, and will not spend more money for XenForo 2 addons. Also, many of the free addons for XenForo 1 cost for XenForo 2.

03. There are parts of XenForo 2 that are just not as "user friendly" as XenForo 1 is.

04. My license has expire. I am poor. I cannot afford another license.

05. I just really don't like XenForo 2.
I hear ya, and I clearly understand.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

It’s really not an unfortunate policy, it’s in place to protect the members from abandonment of addons by the developers.

It’s really not an unfortunate policy, it’s in place to protect the members from abandonment of addons by the developers.

A warning or confirmation dialog when clicking through to purchase would be less heavy-handed

If XF.com wants to join Apple and Google in treating addons (apps) that are feature-complete but don't receive updates as only good for the bin then fair enough. No loss to me as no one is purchasing anyway, but I'll keep providing support regardless as promised

@Luke F nice to see you.

We have to have a metric by which to automatically assess whether or not a resource author is supporting their products still and unfortunately the only one available to us that makes sense is how often an author is logging into their XF community account.

If a resource author is absent for 3 months we ultimately have to assume there’s a good chance they may not be coming back. For a paid resource, this results in its deletion.

A period of time before this happens we send an email which I have no reason to believe you wouldn’t have received and that further signals to us that you may not be coming back.

That all being said, we’re more than happy to reinstate the resources, just let us know.

@Luke F nice to see you.

We have to have a metric by which to automatically assess whether or not a resource author is supporting their products still and unfortunately the only one available to us that makes sense is how often an author is logging into their XF community account.

If a resource author is absent for 3 months we ultimately have to assume there’s a good chance they may not be coming back. For a paid resource, this results in its deletion.

A period of time before this happens we send an email which I have no reason to believe you wouldn’t have received and that further signals to us that you may not be coming back.

That all being said, we’re more than happy to reinstate the resources, just let us know.
Does this make sense for XF1 resources though? Almost none of them get updates or support as XF1 itself is EOL.

maybe a second mail message a couple of days before can avoid some miss-deletation? the first one could go unnoticed

I live in fear. I dont login much to the other account since its just to update all the resources on that account, and updates are less frequent these days, so its hard to remember. That said Im sure they have an undo button, happened to us and was handelled well by XF.

A warning or confirmation dialog when clicking through to purchase would be less heavy-handed

If XF.com wants to join Apple and Google in treating addons (apps) that are feature-complete but don't receive updates as only good for the bin then fair enough. No loss to me as no one is purchasing anyway, but I'll keep providing support regardless as promised

Good thing I bought it before it was taken down then.:)

Top Bottom