[Liam W.] Post Macros

[Liam W.] Post Macros 5.2.2 Fix 8

No permission to download
To expand on that a bit, Global macros (which are created in the admin area) are fully integrated into the XF content user group permissions system (like nodes).

There is also a separate permission controlling the ability of users to create their own, personal, macros.

Liam

Reactions: jul
You only accept Credit Card by Stripe, no PayPal?

Correct - PayPal charge extortionate fees, especially when most of my business is international.

I can accept UK bank transfer or US wire transfer via Transferwise, but this may take a while to process.

Liam

Has the ability to auto-close threads recently been changed to some kind of permission? My staff were able to see the checkbox (and use it where they had the permission to close threads), but upon the latest update do not see the "auto close" checkbox for own macros anymore.

Has the ability to auto-close threads recently been changed to some kind of permission? My staff were able to see the checkbox (and use it where they had the permission to close threads), but upon the latest update do not see the "auto close" checkbox for own macros anymore.

Hi,

Yes - it now checks whether or not they have the relevant permissions to do that globally. However, on reflection, that isn't the best of systems, so I'll change that for the next update to show to moderators as well.

For the time being, if you edit the liamw_postmacros_metadata_template_thread_actions template and replace it with the following, the controls will be visible to all again:

HTML:
<xf:checkboxrow label="{{ phrase('liamw_postmacros_thread_controls') }}">
    <xf:option name="{$inputName}[close_thread]" label="{{ phrase('liamw_postmacros_close_thread') }}"
                   checked="{$value.close_thread}"/>
        <xf:option name="{$inputName}[stick_thread]" label="{{ phrase('liamw_postmacros_stick_thread') }}"
                   checked="{$value.stick_thread}"/>
</xf:checkboxrow>

Liam

to show to moderators as well
Mhmm, might not be the best choice, either. None of my staff members are marked as "moderators" but instead are added to groups representing which of our projects they support.

These groups are then granted the respective permissions for categories (or nodes) representing their project.

So best might be to always show the checkbox but (of course) only actually close the thread if they've got permission in the node where the macro is used.

So best might be to always show the checkbox but (of course) only actually close the thread if they've got permission in the node where the macro is used.

Hmm, OK. That was the old system, but I didn't think it ideal to show those controls to all members. I'll have a think and see if there's a way to efficiently find whether that permission is granted anywhere, otherwise I'll revert this change.

Additionally, please see the edits to my original post :)

Liam

After upgrading to 5.1.1 (which apparently was not posted here), I get the following server error:

Code:
[LIST]
[*]XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1406]: Data too long for column 'title' at row 1
[*]src\XF\Db\AbstractStatement.php:217
[/LIST]

[SIZE=5][B]Stack trace[/B][/SIZE]
UPDATE  `xf_liamw_post_macros` SET `title` = ? WHERE `macro_id` = 402

Was the title length shortened with this release? If so, why?

(which apparently was not posted here)

It's been a strange few days...

After upgrading to 5.1.1 (which apparently was not posted here), I get the following server error:

Code:
[LIST]
[*]XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1406]: Data too long for column 'title' at row 1
[*]src\XF\Db\AbstractStatement.php:217
[/LIST]

[SIZE=5][B]Stack trace[/B][/SIZE]
UPDATE  `xf_liamw_post_macros` SET `title` = ? WHERE `macro_id` = 402

Was the title length shortened with this release? If so, why?

How long was the title you were trying to set? The title field length hasn't changed since the initial release, at least, I can't remember changing it...

Yeah, it has been that way since the first XF2 version - I think it's a holdover from the XF1 standard of a length of 50 for title fields.

I'll change it up for the next release :)

@Liam W went over to your new site and logged in and tried renewing my XF 1.5 version license but no licenses show up ? So I take it need to buy fresh license for XF 2.x ? but would I have access to both XF 1.5 and 2.x versions ?

@Liam W went over to your new site and logged in and tried renewing my XF 1.5 version license but no licenses show up ? So I take it need to buy fresh license for XF 2.x ? but would I have access to both XF 1.5 and 2.x versions ?

Yeah, XF 1 and 2 add-ons are completely independent, license wise. I might actually merge them together, though, since I merged my new site with my old.

Your PM for 1.x license is still in the database, but as I have those products hidden, it's undownloadable. I'll look into rectifying that.

Liam I'm struggling a bit. I have version 5.1.1 installed and permissions set up, but don't see the macro button in redactor.
What am I missing?

Hi there,

it appears as that the "Insert Macro" tooltip text in the BBCode toolbar cannot be found in the phrases, or am I missing its correct key?

Hi there,

it appears as that the "Insert Macro" tooltip text in the BBCode toolbar cannot be found in the phrases, or am I missing its correct key?

Ah, whoops. It's defined in the javascript, and I forgot to phrase it. I'll release a patch update later.

Top Bottom