1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post count

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by cynthetiq, Jul 29, 2011.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Member

is there away to make a forum not count towards post count?

2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

3. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Member

I [heart] you.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's coming in 1.1

borbole likes this.
  5. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Member

nice :) I hope it comes soon. I am planning to migrate my community over the weekend from vb to xf. I'm not taking legacy data at this time. Too painful.

6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

What do you mean with legacy data? Plugin data? I hope your community will not miss them;)

7. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Member

The original forum is about 2.8Gb of discussions. I tried migrating it and it took about 50+ hours but I did get it into XF.

I figure we start fresh.

8. Brogan

You're going to get rid of all your threads and posts?! :eek:

9. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Member

It will have to stay in the vb3.8 software until such time I can get it into xenforo without dying 80 times during the Import..do you have any suggestions?

10. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Member

Otherwise the site will wind up off line for several days while all 8 years imports and o have to keep restarting the importer babysitting it.

11. Brogan

Unfortunately there's no other way of doing.

That's a lot of data to import so it's going to take some time, the more performance your server has though, the quicker it will be.

12. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Member

One of the things I did think about was to import to another instance to allow it to convert without impacting the community. Then migrate the converted database via sql.

O