Positive use of warnings system?

CTXMedia

Could you use the warning system to "promote" people to usergroups that give then extras access/privs?

Use it as a reward system too?

May I ask how you'd accomplish this without ruining the integrity of the system as a whole? I can see adding points to give people more stuff, but then you'd not be able to use it as an infraction system. Correct?

It's either or really as you'd have to change the phrases.

You could come up with a generic term I suppose and have good and bad "warnings".

You wouldn't be able to use the warning actions though as the points thresholds would be the same for both.

Just don't use any points - setup a "Positive" PC to advise of the "extra" you've bestowed, and "promote" to group on using this 'warning'. I think. :)

I see! So you give no points, add them to the group (Extra User Group) and then give them a private or public Hoo-rah!

Makes sense.

In a wierd roundabout way it does actually make sense, use it as a reward system instead of a warning system.

If you could award -ve points, you could even use it as both!

i.e. users could work up some credit before they decided to spam the forum to death and get away with it :LOL:

I was also thinking of using this as a positive system. But you have to better integrate it with the like system.

I also believe reading as a moderator through each message and having a "warn" link under each message does no good. It would be far better to have a neutral "more..." link where all these things are triggered.

Top Bottom