XF 1.5 Poor forum performance

ElgrandOC

Hi all. I've been trying to fix this for a long time now, but I'm getting nowhere fast. I've browsed the internet and support forums here to see what I can do to improve my forum performance, but nothing I've done seems to help.
I've been to my host and asked if there are any server related issues that are causing problems, but I'm being told there is nothing wrong and that the problem is my end.

There are quite a few technical threads that I've read that went straight over my head, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction and use layman's terms to help me resolve my problem.

So the problem lies in the speed at which the forum runs. The page loading times vary, but can be between 5 seconds up to a mintue! Replying to a thread is also causing a delay, so much so that users are double and triple posting a lot of content which is giving the mods/admins more work to do to clean things up.

I'm not sure what information I need to provide, or what you guys can find out about my site remotely, but any and all help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

The forum can be found at http://forum.elgrandoc.uk

Providing the specs of the server you're on with your host may help. When I load your site I notice the images take an abnormally long time to load, style images to be more specific. This was on the first load of course.

Last edited:
The style and the images associated with the style load instantaneous for me, in fact any page that does not include user added images loads just as fast as any other site in working order.

On the other hand I opened a thread with images in posts and after clicking the link I had to wait about 30 seconds before it even left the page I was on and then another 10 seconds to load/display the actual images.

I know this doesn't really help fix the issue but more info may help you figure out your problem or bottleneck.

I've been to my host and asked if there are any server related issues that are causing problems, but I'm being told there is nothing wrong and that the problem is my end.
Looks like their servers are in the DL74 LLC data center.... is this an actual "legitimate" company you are with? What is the host provider name? They may have oversold their server.

Top Bottom