[Poll] Theme? Style? Skin?

Kim

What do you think they should be called?

I started out in forums on vB 2. something and got used to them being called styles... then moved to IPB and have gotten used to them being called Skins... But I also have always liked themes... hmmm

I know I read somewhere that the Devs have started out by calling them styles and it is a bit of a pain to change it now, but I just wondered what everyone thought.. would it be nice to have the common name for them be a bit different to other similar software?

there's no "I don't care" or "all three" option :D I regularly use all three words - it depends on who I'm talking to and if they know what I'm talking about hehehe

I don't think it really matters what term is used. As long as

1. The style looks good
  2. the layout is structured nicely
  3. Easy to navigate
  4. Occasion activates a popup box asking if you want a re-fill (coffee of course)
I'm really not too fussed.

ugh I accidentally clicked on Theme and wish I could change it. I mean to vote style.

To me, theme means a topic, or setting. As in a holiday theme, or easter theme, etc.
That said, I usually use style.

I like the term "Skin" as it seems to fit into the over all feeling of XenForo. I think it is a more widely used term amongst normal users on various social sites than style or theme.

Top Bottom